Re: [Clip] Regex informations? Where?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2007
      abet backup wrote:
      > Hi Sheri,
      >
      > Thanks. Because my english is bad, I don't explained my question very well:
      > In the forum, I see a lot of good Regexs, but the explaination in the manual
      > is very short. In reality, my question must be: Where is a
      > full/complete/detailed explaination?
      >
      > Sorry for my bostonian accent...

      I don't understand regex all that well and in notetab haven't bothered
      to learn it because it does not work all that well in 4.95 and below.
      It is slow and greedy and etc etc. In notetab 5 they added a new regex
      engine that is more standard and you can find a lot more about it on
      other than notetab sources. I am deciding to learn it and have used it
      several times in the past few days.

      I would really like to see example, example, example with slow
      explanations. I don't think there currently is really such a thing.
      There are some experts on regex around here and thankfully a couple of
      them have helped me both historically and recently.

      I don't find for example any explanation of the parenthesis issue for
      example that Sheri explained to me yesterday/today is something that is
      NOT explained at all well in the help file. Likewise the need to use
      two characters (\r\n) to get a return character isn't well explained I
      don't think. So I would agree that more could be done to be helpful.
      Maybe we should try to start a faq notetab regex wiki page or something.
    • fw7oaks
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
        --- "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

        > Maybe we should try to start a faq notetab regex wiki page or
        > something.

        Good idea but we need to all be singing from the same hymn sheet. To
        mix 4.95 and below with current is only going to lead to tears.

        fw
      • abet backup
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
          Friends,

          Ok, I agree about the 4.95 problem, but you must think in the
          following (normally the U.S. citizens don't think in that): In the
          entire world it is impossible to remit US$ 10.00 or US$ 20.00 to do an
          upgrade to the 5.0 version. They want, but is impossible.

          In the cheapest way (Western Union or MoneyGram) in each remittance
          the receiver MUST go to a WU or MoneyGram office/affiliate PERSONALLY,
          and also this will cost US$ 20.00/25.00 to the sender.

          For this reason, we suggest the 4.95 and 5.0, but not only the 5.0.

          The regex is very important, perhaps the NotePro producer don't
          understand his importance for Data Mining (BI) in texts, etc. The
          cheapest DM software that I know for the same market, cost almost US$
          500.00. It is not for the big things, but with regex will be a simple
          DM for the small things daily. And also for the conversions big
          market.

          Best regards,

          C Brito
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
            abet backup wrote:
            > In the cheapest way (Western Union or MoneyGram) in each remittance
            > the receiver MUST go to a WU or MoneyGram office/affiliate PERSONALLY,
            > and also this will cost US$ 20.00/25.00 to the sender.

            This reply is a one off here, please answer to it in off-topic if at
            all.

            Cheques were a great innovation when the Fuggers came up with with them
            some centuries ago. All the world except for Britain and the US have
            long gone over to giro transfer. Paypal used to be an alternative for
            cross Atlantic payments. But if the American account number and routing
            number are given, transfers from Europe have recently dropped from fairy
            tale to merely ridiculous, so things begin to be doable.
            Myself I have go a bank account in New york city and so can mail and
            accept cheques.
            But don't Fookes accept credit cards? Their rates for samll amounts are
            quite reasonable IMHO.

            Axel
          • abet backup
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
              Yes,

              But all my friends (99%) dont have International Credit Card (only Local)
              and no U.S. check accunt.

              Paypal is impossible to do payments internationally, they ask for a
              verification bank in U.S.

              And the wire transfers, swift, cost US$ 50-70.00 each.

              It is impossible to pay Fookes.

              As a matter of fact, this is a big problem for the small amount
              international e-commerce in general. The first fiaance company that will fix
              this problem, they will have a very big success.

              Best regards,

              --
              C. Brito,
              Account Manager

              To complement, see the Electronic Translation service to 11 languages:
              Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italiano, Japonese, Korean,
              Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, in the below links.

              Par complément, voyez le service de Traduction Électronique à 11 angues,
              dans ce dessous links.

              Para complementar, vea un servicio de Traducción Electrónica a 11 idiomas,
              en los links abajo.

              Para complementar, vêja o serviço de Tradução Eletrônica para 11 idiomas,
              nesses links abaixo.

              TO ENROLL, HOW TO PAY:
              http://mba-open-university.net/payments.htm .

              COURSES, COSTS:
              http://mba-open-university.net/index.html .

              ACCREDITATION:
              http://mba-open-university.net/un1500.htm .

              COURSE METHODOLOGY:
              http://mba-open-university.net/un1309.htm .

              DIPLOMA:
              http://mba-open-university.net/un1302.htm .

            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
                abet backup wrote:
                > Yes,
                >
                > But all my friends (99%) dont have International Credit Card (only Local)
                > and no U.S. check accunt.
                >
                > Paypal is impossible to do payments internationally, they ask for a
                > verification bank in U.S.
                >
                > And the wire transfers, swift, cost US$ 50-70.00 each.
                >
                > It is impossible to pay Fookes.
                >
                > As a matter of fact, this is a big problem for the small amount
                > international e-commerce in general. The first fiaance company that will fix
                > this problem, they will have a very big success.
                >
                > Best regards,

                I would recommend checking out the 5.2 trial version for 30 days before
                purchasing, but just wanted to point out that you can purchase through a
                global commence site:
                https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1643545

                Not positive it meets your needs, but Plimus does appear to have many
                payment methods and also accepts alternate currencies.

                Fookes is based in Switzerland not US.

                There is a supplemental Regex.chm help file in the package which gives
                details for the new Regex engine. The new Regex engine in NoteTab 5 and
                above is PCRE (Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions). It is the same
                engine used in PHP, Python, Apache and a variety of other scripting
                languages and application software (though at any given time, the
                version level each product may be different). NoteTab 5.2 has the latest
                PCRE version built in (version 7.0 which came out in December 2006).

                The syntax, rules, etc. of PCRE for formulating regular expressions is
                the same as Perl itself. There are many training aids available. I
                recommend this slide show (free):
                <http://www.gravitonic.com/do_download.php?download_file=talks/phptek-2006/regex-clinic_phptek2006.pdf>

                and the book "Mastering Regular Expressions (3rd Edition)" by Jeffrey
                Friedl http://regex.info/

                There are also a couple of software aids:

                Regex Coach (free): http://weitz.de/regex-coach/
                RegexBuddy: http://www.regexbuddy.com/

                Regards,
                Sheri (unaffiliated NoteTab user in USA)