Re: Re: [Clip] Clip to save cursor position.

  • Stan Blazejewski
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2007
      Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. It seems that the line in your
      first clip that ended with ^$GetExpandedName(^##)$^%nL% was being wrapped & I
      didn't know enough about clips to see the error (it 'looked' fine) & that was
      stopping the clip from working as intended.

      It works very well & will fill the gap nicely ... thanks.

      The only drawback is that if (for instance) I am working on a HTML file, I need
      to save 2 versions of that file.... a 'publish' version & a 'bookmarked' version
      which is much less of a problem than trying to find the last edit position each
      time.... thanks again.

      On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:01:21 -0500, you wrote:

      >Stan Blazejewski wrote:
      > > On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:10:08 -0500, you wrote:
      > >
      > > Before I go head long into writing a clip
      > > Stan,
      >
      >Stan,
      >
      >Sorry I didn't make it clear, on first, and any subsequent,
      >use you should have the file to bookmark focused. The clip 'will'
      >go directly to INSERT on first use, because there's no data file,
      >yet, for reference.
      >
      >Likewise, any time thereafter that the data file has been emptied.
      >If the 'data file' is emptied the 'data file' will be deleted, and
      >rebuilt the next time you bookmark a file.
      >

      >This clip will;
      >
      >• Place a bookmark at the cursor of the focused file
      >
      >• Save the path/filename for bookmarked files in a datafile
      >in NoteTab's Favorites folder
      >
      >• Save the bookmarked file with the bookmark in place
      >
      >• After the first bookmark is saved, dialog will present you
      >with a list of bookmarked files when the clip is run
      >
      >• Load selected filenames from the data file as each is selected
      >
      >• Locate and delete filenames of selected files from data file
      >
      >• Locate and delete bookmark - leaving cursor in the bookmarked
      >location
      >
      >• Slide the cursor location upward to line 2 in the view screen
      >
      >• Delete the data file when it becomes empty
      >
      >When the clip dialog presents a list of bookmarked files
      >you can BYPASS that by making 'No Selection', just click OK,
      >therefore bookmarking the 'Currently Focused File'.
      >
      >This clip works well, and has no gaping holes, none I can see that is.
      >
      >I THINK I KNOW why you're having trouble. I copied the clip from
      >from the group email, pasted it into a clipbook and found one
      >wrapped line.
      >
      >It was the ^!AppendToFile line. This part '^$GetExpandedName(^##)$^%nL%'
      >was wrapped to the next line. It should be the end of the Append line.
      >
      >You should swap the old for the new. I'm pasting the latest clip
      >rendition after adding several comment lines for operational insight,
      >and, using a variable, tried to shorten some of the longer lines.
      >
      >Be watchful for email wrapped lines. Paste the clip into NoteTab,
      >all lines in this clip, other than the cliptitle, should begin with
      >one of these three, colon :, semi-colon ;, or caret-exclamation ^!,
      >nothing else.

      [snip clip code coz it's been repeated enuf times already]

      stanblaz@...
      www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)