Re: [Clip] Re: Command for that?

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 2, 2007
      Sheri wrote:
      > Your curly braces make me think you have not yet updated to NoteTab
      > 5.1? Regular expressions are much improved in 5.1 vs. 4.95. Some of
      > the posted suggestions will only work in 5.1.

      If you need to do it in 4.95, one "old-fashioned" way to do it is
      ^!Find "<title>" I
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!Set %From%=^$GetRow$:^$GetColumn$
      ^!Find "</title>" I
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!SelectTo ^%From%
      ^!Set %letra%=^$GetSelection$
    • backup2abet
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 20, 2007
        Hi Friends,

        The Axel clip extract a text betwen <table></table. OK.

        But if I want to Replace in the document and not in the variable ^%
        letra%?

        Thanks!

        =====================

        $

        > > > The last two look a bit clumsy, and they are. Unfortunately
        there
        > > seems to be no way to use regular expressions in StrReplace.
        > >
        > > Axel
        >
        > cbrit, Axel, Don,
        >
        > ^!Open c:\a_provis\pegar.txt
        > ^!Find <title>{.*}</title> TIWRS
        > ^!Set %letra%=^$StrReplace("<title>";"";"^$GetSelection$";0;0)$
        > ^!Set %letra%=^$StrReplace("</title>";"";"^%letra%";0;0)$
        >
        > One more option.
        >
        > ºvº SL-3-149
        > 2007.03.19 - 12.14.44
        >
        > Rules guys wish girls knew...
        > "If something we said can be interpreted two ways,
        > and one of the ways makes you sad and angry,
        > we meant the other one."
        >
        > ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...

      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 20, 2007
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "backup2abet" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

          > Hi Friends,
          >
          > The Axel clip extract a text betwen <table></table. OK.
          >
          > But if I want to Replace in the document and not in the variable ^%
          > letra%?
          >
          > Thanks!

          (except use a ^!Replace (all) command instead of ^!Find)

        • C Brito
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 20, 2007
            Hi friends, thanks,

            The problem is my bostonian accent...

            I created c:\a_provis\pegar.txt, with:

            begin<table>mn nbn bnb nbnbn nbnbnb</table>after

            How to subtitute from "begin<table>..until..</table>after", to
            "beginXXXXXXXafter"

            in the opened document pegar.txt?

            Brito

            On 4/20/07, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

            > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "backup2abet" <backup2abet@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Friends,
            > >
            > > The Axel clip extract a text betwen <table></table. OK.
            > >
            > > But if I want to Replace in the document and not in the variable ^%
            > > letra%?
            > >
            > > Thanks!

            > (except use a ^!Replace (all) command instead of ^!Find)
            >
            > Regards,
            > Sheri

          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 20, 2007
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C Brito" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

              > Hi friends, thanks,
              >
              > The problem is my bostonian accent...
              >
              > I created c:\a_provis\pegar.txt, with:
              >
              > begin<table>mn nbn bnb nbnbn nbnbnb</table>after
              >
              > How to subtitute from "begin<table>..until..</table>after", to
              > "beginXXXXXXXafter"
              >
              > in the opened document pegar.txt?

              depending on what you really want (should really show exact expected
              before and after when you need help), one of these should do it

              ^!Replace "(begin)<table>.*?</table>(after)" >> "$1XXXXXXX$2" RAWS

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 20, 2007
                Hi Sheri, thanks.

                I need to replace

                "<table>carlosbrito</table>"

                "SauerMaurer" (without <table></table>, only "SauerMaurer").

                Many Thanks and Patience!

                ==================

                --
                As a complement, you see an Electronic Translation service to 8 languages,
                in the below links.

                Comme un complément, vous voyez le service de Traduction Électronique à 8
                langues, dans ce dessous links.

                Como un complemento, usted ve un servicio de Traducción Electrónica a 8
                idiomas, en los links abajo.

                Como um complemento, você vê um serviço de Tradução Eletrônica para 8
                idiomas, nesses links abaixo.

                C. Brito,
                Account Manager
                THIS IS A BACKUP-EMAIL FOR SECURITY.

                TO ENROLL, HOW TO PAY: http://mba-open-university.net/payments.htm .

                COURSES, COSTS, DURATIONS: See the corresponding links in
                http://mba-open-university.net/index.html .

                ACCREDITATION: http://mba-open-university.net/un1500.htm .

                COURSE METHODOLOGY: http://mba-open-university.net/un1309.htm .

                DIPLOMA: http://mba-open-university.net/un1302.htm .

              • Sheri
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 20, 2007
                  C Brito wrote:
                  > Hi Sheri, thanks.
                  >
                  > I need to replace
                  >
                  > "<table>carlosbrito</table>"

                  > "SauerMaurer" (without <table></table>, only "SauerMaurer").
                  >
                  > Many Thanks and Patience!
                  >
                  > ==================

                  ^!Replace "<table>.*?</table>" >> "SauerMauer" RAWS
                  or
                  ^!Replace "<table>carlosbrito></table>" >> "SaurerMauer" TWAS

                  the options as given will replace all from the top of the current file.

                • C Brito
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 20, 2007
                    Hi Sheri, thanks!

                    The second I know, the first is regex and this is new for me, now this is a
                    job of a learning curve
                    I have a lot of Clip waiting for that, I write severals clips (with loops,
                    etc..) to do the same thing.

                    Regards,