Re: [Clip] Re: Clip to save cursor position.

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2007
      notetab_is_great wrote:
      > How about ^$GetLine$:^$GetCol$

      No, GetLine reads the text content of a line. But thanks, you have
      pointed me in the right direction. I only thought about lines, but what
      term corresponds to columns? Right. So the incomplete command should now
      read

      ^!SaveValue HTML_Line=^$GetRow$

      Stan, I've not tried any of this, please tell us if and how it works.

      N.B: This only stores one line number. Should you inadvertantly open the
      wrong file, just close it by the normal means. The line number will
      remain until overwritten by this special close.

      Axel
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 22, 2007
        I cannot test now. I'm not sure, but I think I did it once with selecting
        all text up to the cursor, counting all characters (strSize), and opening
        the file with moveCursor +2000.

        Another thought is to setting a bookmark?

        Hugo

        No, GetLine reads the text content of a line. But thanks, you have
        pointed me in the right direction. I only thought about lines, but what
        term corresponds to columns? Right. So the incomplete command should now
        read

        ^!SaveValue HTML_Line=^$GetRow$

        Stan, I've not tried any of this, please tell us if and how it works.

        N.B: This only stores one line number. Should you inadvertantly open the
        wrong file, just close it by the normal means. The line number will
        remain until overwritten by this special close.

        Axel

        Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Hugo Paulissen
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22, 2007
          moveCursor +2000: read instead of 2000 the value of strSize

          Hugo