data form problem - possibly Vista related

  • the_pamur
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23 12:08 AM
      I recently bought a laptop with Windows Vista preinstalled. I
      installed Notetab Pro 5.1 and everything seemed to be working fine. I
      am not a big clip programmer but I use a few clips as simple template
      forms that ask for data for the variables. When I tried to use one of
      my clips the data forms that pop up, asking you for data, were blank.
      In other words there were no discriptions of what data was required in
      the fields. I posted this on the basic list and someone suggested it
      might have been discussed on the clip list. I was not able to find
      anything, searching the clip list. Does anyone have any idea what may
      be going on. These clips had worked fine in XP SP2 and I just copied
      them over as a text file to the new computer. They work OK I just
      can't tell what they want! Curious whether it is an installation goof
      up or a Vista problem.

      Thanks
      Bill
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23 5:05 AM
        the_pamur wrote:
        > I recently bought a laptop with Windows Vista preinstalled. I
        > installed Notetab Pro 5.1 and everything seemed to be working fine. I
        > am not a big clip programmer but I use a few clips as simple template
        > forms that ask for data for the variables. When I tried to use one of
        > my clips the data forms that pop up, asking you for data, were blank.
        > In other words there were no discriptions of what data was required in
        > the fields. I posted this on the basic list and someone suggested it
        > might have been discussed on the clip list. I was not able to find
        > anything, searching the clip list. Does anyone have any idea what may
        > be going on. These clips had worked fine in XP SP2 and I just copied
        > them over as a text file to the new computer. They work OK I just
        > can't tell what they want! Curious whether it is an installation goof
        > up or a Vista problem.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Bill

        Try recent thread "Clip Doesn't Work Since Upgrade to 5.1". It suggests
        that zone alarm, vista and some other software in the interest of
        protecting you is disabling the ability of NoteTab to use keystrokes.
        In that case they were able to re-enable it. Others have replaced
        keystroke commands with menu commands (usually preferable anyway).
        Otherwise, post one of your clips and maybe someone can take a whack at it.

        Don
      • the_pamur
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 23 9:21 AM
          Don, thanks
          Late last night I was wading through the new Vista menu structure and
          discovered the compatibility tab in the program properties dialogue.
          I experimented with severeral of the options (including XP,SP2
          compatibility) and found that if I "disabled visual themes" I got my
          data form headings back. I don't know if it is a "aero" issue or
          what. The program doesn't look significantly different when it is
          running. I will go with this for now.

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>