Jody is in hospital

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 22, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I have received permission from Jody's wife to give you information
      about his health situation.

      Jody was rushed to hospital at the beginning of the month and has been
      diagnosed with last stage cancer. he has been moved to the hospice a few
      days ago. According to his wife, Doreen, Jody won't be returning home.
      If you would like to send Jody something or visit him, his address is as
      follows:

      Joseph Adair Rm. #302
      West FL Hospital
      8383 N. Davis Hwy.
      Pensacola, FL 32514

      If you want to make a donation to help out Jody and his family, you can
      do so to Doreen's PayPal account: w8n4him@...

      Here's an extract of the latest news I have received from Doreen:

      ************
      Jody is still pretty alert, and even walks to the bathroom. Most of his
      memory is coming back. He complains of pain every time he is awake. The
      Dr. says that they have to gradually increase the pain meds.

      Jody was confused why he was in the hospital, and that no one seemed to
      be trying to cure him of his pain. He kept talking about going home, so
      I had to tell him why he was there. This way he could tell me if there
      is anything special that he needs done, such as funeral services. I
      brought him his laptop, but he couldn't remember his password to log on.
      If he has a really good day soon, he will probably use the laptop. Maybe
      you will receive a message from him!
      ************

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Corl DeLuna
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 22, 2007
        I wish Jody all the very best in his remaining life, and in the journey to
        come.

        Corl

        _____

        I have received permission from Jody's wife to give you information
        about his health situation.

        Jody was rushed to hospital at the beginning of the month and has been
        diagnosed with last stage cancer. he has been moved to the hospice a few
        days ago. According to his wife, Doreen, Jody won't be returning home.
        If you would like to send Jody something or visit him, his address is as
        follows:

        Joseph Adair Rm. #302
        West FL Hospital
        8383 N. Davis Hwy.
        Pensacola, FL 32514

        If you want to make a donation to help out Jody and his family, you can
        do so to Doreen's PayPal account: w8n4him@earthlink.
        <mailto:w8n4him%40earthlink.net> net

        Here's an extract of the latest news I have received from Doreen:

        ************
        Jody is still pretty alert, and even walks to the bathroom. Most of his
        memory is coming back. He complains of pain every time he is awake. The
        Dr. says that they have to gradually increase the pain meds.

        Jody was confused why he was in the hospital, and that no one seemed to
        be trying to cure him of his pain. He kept talking about going home, so
        I had to tell him why he was there. This way he could tell me if there
        is anything special that he needs done, such as funeral services. I
        brought him his laptop, but he couldn't remember his password to log on.
        If he has a really good day soon, he will probably use the laptop. Maybe
        you will receive a message from him!
        ************

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes <http://www.fookes.com/> com/

      • Jon Kersey
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 22, 2007
          This is very sad,

          May God be with him.

          From: Eric Fookes <egroups@...>
          To: notetab@yahoogroups.com, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com,
          ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, ntb-offtopic@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:05:31 +0100

[...]

          Intro*Terms
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 23, 2007
            Hi everyone,

            Here's the latest news from Jody's wife:

            I stayed with Jody all day yesterday, and all he did was sleep. I just
            called the hospice this morning and they said he slept all night, too.
            If he continues sleeping, it will signal that he is much closer to
            passing on.
            Yesterday, he woke up just long enough to have one bite of food, but
            spit it out after a minute. He is drinking very little liquids now, too.
            Hospice will not interfere with force feeding him(such as a tube), since
            he is terminal. He sleeps well, so I believe he is at least out of pain.
            He is ready to meet the Lord, and will be happy when that day comes.

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/
          • bertie
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 28, 2007
              oh my..

              I just joined the NTB list again after some years of absence, and
              hoped to see Jody again. I remember Jody as a warm and helpful person.
              I wasn't prepared to hear he is as bad, I feel very sorry, and wish
              his family all the strength they need.

              Bertie

              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > Here's the latest news from Jody's wife:
              >
              > I stayed with Jody all day yesterday, and all he did was sleep. I just
              > called the hospice this morning and they said he slept all night, too.
              > If he continues sleeping, it will signal that he is much closer to
              > passing on.
              > Yesterday, he woke up just long enough to have one bite of food, but
              > spit it out after a minute. He is drinking very little liquids now, too.
              > Hospice will not interfere with force feeding him(such as a tube),
              since
              > he is terminal. He sleeps well, so I believe he is at least out of
              pain.
              > He is ready to meet the Lord, and will be happy when that day comes.
              >
              > --
              > Regards,
              >
              > Eric Fookes
              > http://www.fookes.com/

            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 28, 2007
                Hi everyone,

                I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
                (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
                missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I believe he
                is now with the Lord.

                The very first message I received from Jody was on May 10, 1997. Since
                then there has been a flood of emails between us that never stopped
                until end of January 2007 when he was rushed to hospital.

                Looking through my email archives I found that Jody started the first
                NoteTab mailing list in October 1997. He started handling some NoteTab
                sales (checks, money orders) in spring 1998 and officially became a
                member of the Fookes Software team. Then around November 1998, Jody
                started handling NoteTab customer support and has done so faithfully for
                all Fookes Software titles until last month.

                I only met Jody once in person. That was in July 2000 when I invited him
                to join me at the Shareware Industry Conference in Tampa. NoteTab Light
                was announced the winner of the 2000 "Shareware Industry Awards" in the
                Best Application category during that event. It was thrilling to
                celebrate the award together. Unfortunately, I haven't had the
                opportunity to return to the USA since then.

                Fookes Software won't be quite the same anymore without Jody.

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/
              • RS
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 28, 2007
                  Hi Eric, Everyone,

                  I'm very sad to hear about Jody. Please extend my sympathies to his family.

                  He's been an invaluable help to so many people all these years, heading
                  a user's group that defined an era, and organizing and consolidating a
                  loyal user base around NoteTab.

                  He will be remembered by everyone on these lists.

                  Best regards,

                  Ramon Silvera

                  On 2007/02/28 10:44, you wrote:
                  > Hi everyone,
                  >
                  > I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
                  > (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
                  > missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I believe he
                  > is now with the Lord.

                • Scott Fordin
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 28, 2007
                    While Eric is the heart and brain behind the Fookes line,
                    Jody was the soul of the Notetab community. So many times,
                    when people ask me about one of the most useful software
                    tools around, Notetab Pro, I invariably talk about the
                    Notetab community. Besides the technical excellence of the
                    software, it is the community that truly sets Notetab apart
                    -- making it not just a tool, but a place where supportive,
                    inquisitive minds have been meeting for years. Jody was the
                    soul that kept this community on track, focused, sympathetic,
                    respectful, responsive, helpful, and remarkably active.

                    As much as many of us were helped by Jody over the years and
                    will very much miss his kind spirit, our pain at his loss has
                    to pale against the pain you must be feeling, Eric, at the
                    loss of your friend and colleague, and the pain Jody's family
                    must be feeling right now. I am so sorry for your and their
                    loss. Peace be with you and with Jody's family.

                    Scott
                  • Eric Fookes
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
                      Hi everyone,

                      Thanks for all the kind messages concerning Jody. His wife, Doreen, just
                      sent the following details about the funeral:

                      **********************
                      Jody's funeral will be held next Wednesday, March 7 at 12 noon at Lewis
                      Funeral Home in Milton on Hwy. 90. The burial will be at Barrancas
                      Cemetery in Pensacola at 2 pm. On Tuesday, March 6, the funeral home
                      will be open for visitors from 6-8 pm.
                      **********************

                      Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event due to visa issues.
                      Perhaps one of you lives nearby and would like to attend the funeral?

                      Eric Fookes
                      http://www.fookes.com/
                    • Carl Swann
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                        Eric... thanks for the info about the services for
                        Jody.

                        Do you have a mailing address for Doreen and the
                        family, where we can send cards, notes, etc?

                        Regards,
                        Carl Swann

                        Don't pick lemons.
                        See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
                        http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
                      • Eric Fookes
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                          Hi everyone,

                          Here is the home address of Jody's wife if you want to send a card or
                          something else:

                          Mrs. Doreen Adair
                          10535 Pinewood Lane
                          Milton, FL 32583
                          USA

                          Eric Fookes
                          http://www.fookes.com/
                        • Corl DeLuna
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                            Jody will be missed by us all.

                            Corl

                          • Eric Fookes
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 6, 2007
                              Hi everyone,

                              Here is the email address of Jody's wife if you want to write her a
                              message: Doreen Adair <w8n4him@...>

                              Spelling it out the address is w8n4him at earthlink dot net.

                              And here is a copy of Jody's obituary:
                              http://www.fookes.com/Jody_obituary.php

                              Eric Fookes
                              http://www.fookes.com/