Re: Removing a complete line

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Robin Chapple <robinski@...> wrote:

      > I regularly extract a file list with folders and sub folders.
      >
      > There is one file that I need to remove from the list no matter what
      > the path is that precedes it.
      >
      > For instance to day this is one of the files that I do not need:
      >
      > C:\MyWebs\Tardis\4a\alumni\images\_notes
      >
      > How do I remove a complete line "if" it ends with "_notes"?
      >
      > Thanks.

      Hi Robin,

      That's easily done in version 5.1 with a regular expression. To
      replace with nothing all lines that start with anything and end with
      _notes including the following line break:

      ^!Replace "^.+?_notes\r\n" >> "" RAWS

      it supposedly would be more efficient written this way:

      ^!Replace "^(?>.+?_notes\r\n)" >> "" RAWS

      but either way should work.