RE: [Clip] Removing unwanted data.

  • Corl DeLuna
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2007
      I'd try contacting Eric Fookes. He approved my upgrade when there were
      technical difficulties. From HELP: ...or to inform us of a problem you are
      having with your purchase, please write to sales@...

      >I'll make it a point to get updated. I was trying to figure
      out if I had missed out entirely on my discount. I suppose that paying
      the whole $30 probably won't kill me :-)

      Best,
      Corl
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 20, 2007
        buralex@... wrote:
        > Don:
        >> I don't care for regex as it's often slow
        > I was away for 10 days and in catching up with my Notetab lists noticed
        > this comment and an earlier mention that you didn't have Notetab 5 yet ....
        >
        > In my experience the new Regex PCRE engine in NTB-5 is blazingly fast
        > ... if you can find time to play around with it a bit I think you'll
        > discover your very accurate assessment of the old Regex engine is now
        > ancient history 8-)
        >
        > Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail
        Thanks for motivating me Alec,

        I am now the proud owner of Notetab 5.1. Where do I go actually learn
        about regex? Before giving that advice I have tried and failed on many
        occasions -- which may be the real reason I was glad they didn't work
        well in NoteTab in previous times? I'll copy this to the off topic
        where we should probably continue with regex.

        Don
      • buralex@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 20, 2007
          Don:
          > Thanks for motivating me Alec,
          >
          > I am now the proud owner of Notetab 5.1. Where do I go actually learn
          > about regex? Before giving that advice I have tried and failed on many
          > occasions -- which may be the real reason I was glad they didn't work
          > well in NoteTab in previous times? I'll copy this to the off topic
          > where we should probably continue with regex.
          Google for "regex tutorial" or "regex tutorial pcre" (w/o quotes)
          pcre is "Perl compatible regular expressions" which is the flavor
          implemented by Notetab 5.

          Follow along with the examples by doing them in Notetab.
          You might also want to get one the programs that makes it easier to
          test/develop regular expression.
          eg. The Regex Coach (free) or Regexbuddy (sub $30)

          Both the Regular Expressions topic in Notetab help and the regex.chm
          Help delivered with Notetab and pointed to by the first give pretty good
          explanations of the syntax and its use.

          Look at the Clip help for Find and Replace - the first three functions
          after it are new and useful for use with regular expressions.

          You might also find it useful to look at some of your existing clips to
          see whether you can modify them to use regular expressions instead of
          looping over text in a file doing Finds and then processing each hit.

          Hope this helps - let us know how you make out!

          Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail