[Clip] Re: Eric - ClearVariable - does it release memory

  • Anders Warne
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 1999
      Hi Dennis and Eric,

      Dennis wrote:
      >>In setting up our site I found that I was not able to run my program
      >>through more than 500 repititions without severely taxing the system.

      Eric replied:
      >Were you using the FarClip command? Did the variables contain large
      >amounts of data? Were there many variables? Did you clear the variables
      >after they were used?

      I had a similar problem for a clip where NTP searches through a document
      trying to match various delimiters. In my case a simple "^!Delay 1"
      command
      prior to the "^!Find" command in the main loop solved my resource eating
      problem. Seems NTP is sometimes too fast for Windows ;) Perhaps Dennis'
      problem has a similar solution...

      Cheers,

      Anders

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips