Re: Removing unwanted data.

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Robin Chapple <robinski@...> wrote:

      > I have made a clip with help from this list to remove unwanted data
      > from a statistical report which is collected as HTML from a website.
      >
      > The data finishes up like this:
      >
      > /db/indexlogin.asp 46 3.71 KB 11 2
      >
      > The items are:
      >
      > The filename;
      > Number of visits
      > Average size
      > Entry
      > Exit.
      >
      > I need to keep the filename and the number of visits. I need to
      > remove everything after the second space.

      5.1 is needed to use this clip. It uses regex but regex is very fast
      with 5.1 and with this expression. It basically replaces everything
      after the first space that follows a digit with nothing. The RSAW at
      the end means, regex replace all silently in the whole file.

      ^!Replace "(?<=\d)(?>\x20\d[^\r\n]+)" >> "" RSAW
      ;end of clip