Re: [Clip] html markup create was Alternate to keyboard 4 copy ("cut") / paste n

  • acummingsus
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:
      > Thanks Alan, My problem is my mind doesn't grasp REGex (yet) and I
      have
      > no Perl experience.

      Well, yes, those other (unneeded) clips can be deleted. Just the 4
      clips at bottom are relevant (these 4 have no Perl and have no regex)
      -- could copy them and put them into wherever other library if desired.

      (The last real programming I did was in 1972 in
      > Cobol and Fortran, a very distant memory. Remember punch cards?)

      I'm familiar with what they are.

      > I still don't grasp the mechanics, but I see how this one is working.

      I don't savvy the difference there. I think if I see how is working
      is equal to the mechanics of what makes it tick.

      > (and Yes it is working, (I have to redo the HTML markup...))

      some of the markup got it from Yahoo Groups and I snipped some too.

      don't forget about ~~insert_here~~

      (after cursor jumps to top of doc) (^!Jump DOC_START) also there is an
      order to the ^!Find commands near the bottom of the main clip -- this
      order is coordinated to/with the order of things to find in the html
      from the top of doc down to the bottom of the html doc

      Well, it works on Vista!

      I know I took a risk (it's up to you whether you use it or not) when I
      built it like that. But this method worked for me rock solidly in the
      past. And I found it convenient as in can have 3 or 4 different (for
      differing styles/formats/layouts of web pages) html_markup "called
      clips" (^!Clip called_clip). Such clip containing html given if
      there's no clip code in it then when it's called it merely pastes its
      content into the current doc.

      --
      Alan.