html markup create was Alternate to keyboard 4 copy ("cut") / paste new

  • acummingsus
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:

      > OK here is the clip code in it's entirety:
      <snipped>

      Announcing a new file has been uploaded to the files area.

      see readme.txt particularly at bottom of readme is about HtmGeneol.clb

      HtmGeneol_clb.zip

      contains HtmGeneol.clb

      Jeff, I snipped all specific info from the html markup except for
      generalities.

      It's a working demo, tested, works fine here on Win 2K.

      It's how I prefer to do or grew accustomed to doing this sort of thing
      (other ways to do it I'm sure exist).

      I prefer this method because it proved itself reliable to me in the
      past and it also separates the clip code from the html markup, in my
      estimation, making it easier to edit either and/or also it's easier to
      add a htm_markup2 and call it (can have multiple different
      html_markups and simply call whichever one you want).

      The called clip named htm_markup dumps the actual htm content into cur
      doc (which is an .htm that got generated by htm_geneol.tpl)

      <importantly>

      ~~insertion_here~~

      That text (is like a tag or a marker for ^!Find) now replaces your
      former ^&

      and it's currently (along with all htm) now in the htm_markup clip
      </importantly>
      ----

      ; look on edit menu there is no edit/new
      ; I had "edit/paste new"
      ; ^!Menu "edit/new"
      ; "file/new" if U had wanted a new text file
      ; IOW whatever U use must be an actual or existing menu item

      --
      Alan.
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
        Thanks Alan, My problem is my mind doesn't grasp REGex (yet) and I have
        no Perl experience. (The last real programming I did was in 1972 in
        Cobol and Fortran, a very distant memory. Remember punch cards?)

        I still don't grasp the mechanics, but I see how this one is working.
        (and Yes it is working, (I have to redo the HTML markup...))

        My previous logic was to construct the code like I manually 'used to'
        process the snippets, essentially automating the process from a flow
        chart.

        If a person has a base of "assumed" knowledge this could be intuitive,
        but without that base, it is greek.

        acummingsus wrote:

        > Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > OK here is the clip code in it's entirety:
        > <snipped>
        >
        > Announcing a new file has been uploaded to the files area.

        > see readme.txt particularly at bottom of readme is about HtmGeneol.clb
        >
        > HtmGeneol_clb.zip
        >
        > contains HtmGeneol.clb
        >
        > Jeff, I snipped all specific info from the html markup except for
        > generalities.
        >
        > It's a working demo, tested, works fine here on Win 2K.
        >
        > It's how I prefer to do or grew accustomed to doing this sort of thing
        > (other ways to do it I'm sure exist).
        >
        > I prefer this method because it proved itself reliable to me in the
        > past and it also separates the clip code from the html markup, in my
        > estimation, making it easier to edit either and/or also it's easier to
        > add a htm_markup2 and call it (can have multiple different
        > html_markups and simply call whichever one you want).
        >
        > The called clip named htm_markup dumps the actual htm content into cur
        > doc (which is an .htm that got generated by htm_geneol.tpl)
        >
        > <importantly>
        >
        > ~~insertion_here~~
        >
        > That text (is like a tag or a marker for ^!Find) now replaces your
        > former ^&
        >
        > and it's currently (along with all htm) now in the htm_markup clip
        > </importantly>
        > ----
        >
        > ; look on edit menu there is no edit/new
        > ; I had "edit/paste new"
        > ; ^!Menu "edit/new"
        > ; "file/new" if U had wanted a new text file
        > ; IOW whatever U use must be an actual or existing menu item
        >
        > --
        > Alan.

      • acummingsus
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> wrote:
          > Thanks Alan, My problem is my mind doesn't grasp REGex (yet) and I
          have
          > no Perl experience.

          Well, yes, those other (unneeded) clips can be deleted. Just the 4
          clips at bottom are relevant (these 4 have no Perl and have no regex)
          -- could copy them and put them into wherever other library if desired.

          (The last real programming I did was in 1972 in
          > Cobol and Fortran, a very distant memory. Remember punch cards?)

          I'm familiar with what they are.

          > I still don't grasp the mechanics, but I see how this one is working.

          I don't savvy the difference there. I think if I see how is working
          is equal to the mechanics of what makes it tick.

          > (and Yes it is working, (I have to redo the HTML markup...))

          some of the markup got it from Yahoo Groups and I snipped some too.

          don't forget about ~~insert_here~~

          (after cursor jumps to top of doc) (^!Jump DOC_START) also there is an
          order to the ^!Find commands near the bottom of the main clip -- this
          order is coordinated to/with the order of things to find in the html
          from the top of doc down to the bottom of the html doc

          Well, it works on Vista!

          I know I took a risk (it's up to you whether you use it or not) when I
          built it like that. But this method worked for me rock solidly in the
          past. And I found it convenient as in can have 3 or 4 different (for
          differing styles/formats/layouts of web pages) html_markup "called
          clips" (^!Clip called_clip). Such clip containing html given if
          there's no clip code in it then when it's called it merely pastes its
          content into the current doc.

          --
          Alan.