Re: [Clip] multitasking Clips

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      notetab_is_great wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      >> From the documentation, the "Delay" operation seems rather
      > innocuous, but after reading stuff here, it seems that it opens up
      > the possibility of multitasking Clips.
      >
      > Another aspect of multitasking would be seen in the
      > OnClipboardChange clip.
      >
      > So it would seem possible, with enough Clips doing delays, that
      > there could be numerous Clips running in the background, waking up
      > now and then and doing things.

      > And regarding OnClipboardChange, that would seem to be an
      > synchronous operation that would interrupt other Clips, unless it
      > is also only checked for when other Clips reach their end, or a
      > Delay operation.
      >
      > User actions, such as keyboard and mouse events, are also
      > asynchronous... experience using the product seems to indicate that
      > these are processed only after a long-running Clip is complete, but
      > is that guaranteed?

      perl,

      This is how I understand clip processing.

      Forget multi-tasking, NoteTab executes clips sequentially or serially.
      It does however work very quickly.

      Clip processing stops for the duration of a ^!Delay, and branching halts
      the current clip until the branch completes and control returns to the
      initial clip on the succeeding line.

      OnClipBoardChange is just another form of branch, no multi-tasking involved.

      ºvº SL-2-3
      2007.02.01 - 19.43.10

      Classic Clothing:
      "Wearing Outfits You Already Have."