Re: [Clip] using clips with NT-Light

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      forkinpm wrote:
      > Hallo!
      >
      > I am just beginning and intend to realize the following:
      >
      > 1. Use NoteTab to create Data-Tables as CSV files and store them both
      > in a NoteTab repository as well as export to HTML.
      > To this end I have downloaded a Clip and am trying in vain to use it.
      >
      > The problem seems to be to get the Clip to deal with my file - how to
      > bring them both "to the anvil" and get the table created under HTML.
      >
      > 2. Use the Data-Tables as input to a data management product such as
      > MS-Access or MySql or such.
      >
      > I would like to dialog with any users who have gone down this route. I
      > have material which I have written on the subject which I would be
      > prepared to "trade" for help.
      >
      > Regards, Patrick.

      Hi Patrick,

      I regularly shove delimited data around my machine and the net. You can
      definitely move, control, sort, adjust.
      I use a multi-tool approach. I use excel, (access previously but seldom
      any more), csv edit (someone else pointed out this program) and notetab.
      I also use mysql and phpmyadmin I suppose.

      There are several clips that take delimited stuff to tables. However,
      csv edit will just do it too. I tend to use that more often than
      notetab, but it all depends. Plus if you just have data and it will be
      used on the fly, then why hard code the tables?

      Don
    • Forkin Patrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
        Hallo Don!

        Thanks for the response.

        My goal was and is to use an editor supported to create the CSV files and convert to HTML. I now have NoteTab Light with a freely available clip working and doing what I want. The result is much cleaner than a use of
        any of the freely available CSV to HTML converters; they all seem to produce redundant code.

        Thanks again. Regards, Patrick.

        -------- Original-Nachricht --------
        Datum: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:42:29 -0500
        Von: "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>