Re: [Clip] using clips with NT-Light

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Patrick
      I followed with interest your shunting from one list to the other.
      Congratulations ... you are now on the right list to get help and it CAN
      be done with Notetab light. <SMILE>
      > I am just beginning and intend to realize the following:
      >
      > 1. Use NoteTab to create Data-Tables as CSV files and store them both
      > in a NoteTab repository as well as export to HTML.
      > To this end I have downloaded a Clip and am trying in vain to use it.
      >
      > The problem seems to be to get the Clip to deal with my file - how to
      > bring them both "to the anvil" and get the table created under HTML.
      >
      > 2. Use the Data-Tables as input to a data management product such as
      > MS-Access or MySql or such.
      >
      > I would like to dialog with any users who have gone down this route. I
      > have material which I have written on the subject which I would be
      > prepared to "trade" for help.
      To help us help you, could you provide a sample of your input and a
      couple of lines of what you want the output to look like?
      Also - the name of the clip you found and a URL location that would
      allow us to retrieve it and see what it currently does and its
      suitability for what you are attempting?

      One other thing you might try: CSVed -
      http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/software/software.htm
      One of its options is the ability to export a CSV file (either comma or
      tab separated as HTML)
      Note: Discussion of this program if necessary should be done on yet
      another list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-OffTopic (sorry about
      that) but if it turns out to be what you are after you can reply back
      here and/or pursue the Notetab-clips direction by providing the info
      requested above.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail
      --
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        forkinpm wrote:
        > Hallo!
        >
        > I am just beginning and intend to realize the following:
        >
        > 1. Use NoteTab to create Data-Tables as CSV files and store them both
        > in a NoteTab repository as well as export to HTML.
        > To this end I have downloaded a Clip and am trying in vain to use it.
        >
        > The problem seems to be to get the Clip to deal with my file - how to
        > bring them both "to the anvil" and get the table created under HTML.
        >
        > 2. Use the Data-Tables as input to a data management product such as
        > MS-Access or MySql or such.
        >
        > I would like to dialog with any users who have gone down this route. I
        > have material which I have written on the subject which I would be
        > prepared to "trade" for help.
        >
        > Regards, Patrick.

        Hi Patrick,

        I regularly shove delimited data around my machine and the net. You can
        definitely move, control, sort, adjust.
        I use a multi-tool approach. I use excel, (access previously but seldom
        any more), csv edit (someone else pointed out this program) and notetab.
        I also use mysql and phpmyadmin I suppose.

        There are several clips that take delimited stuff to tables. However,
        csv edit will just do it too. I tend to use that more often than
        notetab, but it all depends. Plus if you just have data and it will be
        used on the fly, then why hard code the tables?

        Don
      • Forkin Patrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
          Hallo Don!

          Thanks for the response.

          My goal was and is to use an editor supported to create the CSV files and convert to HTML. I now have NoteTab Light with a freely available clip working and doing what I want. The result is much cleaner than a use of
          any of the freely available CSV to HTML converters; they all seem to produce redundant code.

          Thanks again. Regards, Patrick.

          -------- Original-Nachricht --------
          Datum: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:42:29 -0500
          Von: "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>