using clips with NT-Light

  • forkinpm
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hallo!

      I am just beginning and intend to realize the following:

      1. Use NoteTab to create Data-Tables as CSV files and store them both
      in a NoteTab repository as well as export to HTML.
      To this end I have downloaded a Clip and am trying in vain to use it.

      The problem seems to be to get the Clip to deal with my file - how to
      bring them both "to the anvil" and get the table created under HTML.

      2. Use the Data-Tables as input to a data management product such as
      MS-Access or MySql or such.

      I would like to dialog with any users who have gone down this route. I
      have material which I have written on the subject which I would be
      prepared to "trade" for help.

      Regards, Patrick.
    • buralex@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi Patrick
        I followed with interest your shunting from one list to the other.
        Congratulations ... you are now on the right list to get help and it CAN
        be done with Notetab light. <SMILE>
        > I am just beginning and intend to realize the following:
        >
        > 1. Use NoteTab to create Data-Tables as CSV files and store them both
        > in a NoteTab repository as well as export to HTML.
        > To this end I have downloaded a Clip and am trying in vain to use it.
        >
        > The problem seems to be to get the Clip to deal with my file - how to
        > bring them both "to the anvil" and get the table created under HTML.
        >
        > 2. Use the Data-Tables as input to a data management product such as
        > MS-Access or MySql or such.
        >
        > I would like to dialog with any users who have gone down this route. I
        > have material which I have written on the subject which I would be
        > prepared to "trade" for help.
        To help us help you, could you provide a sample of your input and a
        couple of lines of what you want the output to look like?
        Also - the name of the clip you found and a URL location that would
        allow us to retrieve it and see what it currently does and its
        suitability for what you are attempting?

        One other thing you might try: CSVed -
        http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/software/software.htm
        One of its options is the ability to export a CSV file (either comma or
        tab separated as HTML)
        Note: Discussion of this program if necessary should be done on yet
        another list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-OffTopic (sorry about
        that) but if it turns out to be what you are after you can reply back
        here and/or pursue the Notetab-clips direction by providing the info
        requested above.

        Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail
        --
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
          forkinpm wrote:
          > Hallo!
          >
          > I am just beginning and intend to realize the following:
          >
          > 1. Use NoteTab to create Data-Tables as CSV files and store them both
          > in a NoteTab repository as well as export to HTML.
          > To this end I have downloaded a Clip and am trying in vain to use it.
          >
          > The problem seems to be to get the Clip to deal with my file - how to
          > bring them both "to the anvil" and get the table created under HTML.
          >
          > 2. Use the Data-Tables as input to a data management product such as
          > MS-Access or MySql or such.
          >
          > I would like to dialog with any users who have gone down this route. I
          > have material which I have written on the subject which I would be
          > prepared to "trade" for help.
          >
          > Regards, Patrick.

          Hi Patrick,

          I regularly shove delimited data around my machine and the net. You can
          definitely move, control, sort, adjust.
          I use a multi-tool approach. I use excel, (access previously but seldom
          any more), csv edit (someone else pointed out this program) and notetab.
          I also use mysql and phpmyadmin I suppose.

          There are several clips that take delimited stuff to tables. However,
          csv edit will just do it too. I tend to use that more often than
          notetab, but it all depends. Plus if you just have data and it will be
          used on the fly, then why hard code the tables?

          Don
        • Forkin Patrick
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
            Hallo Don!

            Thanks for the response.

            My goal was and is to use an editor supported to create the CSV files and convert to HTML. I now have NoteTab Light with a freely available clip working and doing what I want. The result is much cleaner than a use of
            any of the freely available CSV to HTML converters; they all seem to produce redundant code.

            Thanks again. Regards, Patrick.

            -------- Original-Nachricht --------
            Datum: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:42:29 -0500
            Von: "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>