Set up working screens after reinsntalling Windows

  • jerry60447m
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2007
      I am an amateur user with quite a bit of experience.

      Years ago, I set up NotePad (an earlier version, which one I don't
      know) with 3 vertical panes. The left pane listed a bunch of outline
      names and a few file names (which I had created and could maintain).
      I had subjects under the outlines which were listed in the second pane
      and the text of the subjects showed, and could be edited, in the third
      pane. I put icons in a tool bar which allowed me to hide and unhide
      the outline and/or the subject name panes. So I had complete
      one-click access and control of all my text material. (The only
      program improvement I wished for was to be able to put suboutlines
      under the root outlines).

      I recently reinstalled Windows XP and now have NotePad 5.1 std running.

      Before installation, I copied all my data and setup files to a USB
      external disk. So they are available now.

      I have tried to set up NotePad to duplicate what I had before, but
      haven't been able to do so. I simply need to know how to create the
      same screen set up and where to copy my *.otl files and other setup files.

      Would someone please help me?

      jerry
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2007
        I would suggest copying the old installation back onto the main drive,
        make sure its working the way you want it, then install 5.1 on top of
        it. All old the settings will be preserved.