Re: Brooding about ^$GetDocMatchAll

  • jonas_ramus
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 10, 2007
      Don,

      It's about KWIC-(KeyWord-In-Context)-concordances. That is: Find a
      keyword (or a list of keywords) and display it in its context. In my
      Clip, that context is defined as a certain amount of characters
      preceding and following the keyword. When executing the Clip, the user
      is prompted to enter the amount of characters he wants to see on both
      sides of the keyword.

      This may look funny, but it's a common tool in Text Retrieval (or
      Analysis).

      Flo

    • jonas_ramus
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 17, 2007

        > Hi Flo,
        >
        > There should only be one difference between the two replace commands
        > (inclusion or exclusion of the \b's) but the second one is missing
        > the critical \r\n

        Sheri, thanks - I should have noticed that by myself! With another
        \r\n it's perfect now.

        > You also might want to close up the spaces in the replacement
        > clause, they will create extra spaces in the output.

        That's it! Those who don't want to remove these spaces may define a
        left context with ^!Set %Char_left%, and a right context with ^!Set %
        Char_right%=^$Calc(^%Char_left%-2)$ in order to get the same size of
        context on both sides.

        Thanks again for all the help from Alec and you in developing this
        clip!

        Flo

        PS Get well soon with your cold!