Re: [Clip] Brooding about ^$GetDocMatchAll

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 10, 2007
      Are you must trying to get things x characters before and x characters
      after a keyword in a file or selection?
      I'll admit most of the conversation went over my head.

      > a word list like...
      >
      > Notepad
      > thesaurus
      > documents
      > toolbar
      >
      > should output the following concordance (the amount of characters
      > being set to 10)...
      >
      > excellent Notepad replaceme
      > ecker and thesaurus, format t
      > _bookmark documents. You can_
      > figurable toolbar with more
      > _your own toolbar buttons t
      >
      > ( _ represents blanks at the beginning and end of output here)
      >
      > Regards
      > Flo
      >
      > "Jonas" is my forum-ID onyl :-)

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • jonas_ramus
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 17, 2007

        > Hi Flo,
        >
        > There should only be one difference between the two replace commands
        > (inclusion or exclusion of the \b's) but the second one is missing
        > the critical \r\n

        Sheri, thanks - I should have noticed that by myself! With another
        \r\n it's perfect now.

        > You also might want to close up the spaces in the replacement
        > clause, they will create extra spaces in the output.

        That's it! Those who don't want to remove these spaces may define a
        left context with ^!Set %Char_left%, and a right context with ^!Set %
        Char_right%=^$Calc(^%Char_left%-2)$ in order to get the same size of
        context on both sides.

        Thanks again for all the help from Alec and you in developing this
        clip!

        Flo

        PS Get well soon with your cold!