PerlIde clipbook in Ver 5.1

  • Caro.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2007
      Just a short note in case anyone has the same trouble as me - after I
      upgraded from v4.6 to v5.1 I found that the Run and Syntax Check clips
      in the PerlIde clipbook wouldn't work anymore.

      Originally...
      Quote:
      H=" Syntax Check"
      ^!ChDir ^$GetPath("^##")$
      ^!Shell "^$GetLibraryPath$launch.bat" "^$GetPerlExe$ -c ^**"
      End quote.

      After some messing around I added some double quotes to the arguments:

      ^!Shell "^$GetLibraryPath$launch.bat" "^$GetPerlExe$" "-c" "^**"

      And lo it works again. Don't ask me why. I haven't a clue. I'll
      leave that to someone who understands this. Same treatment for the
      Run clip.

      Caro
    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2007
        Excellent! Double-quoting the arguments is the one thing I did not try.

        I reported a problem, thinking that it was the launch.bat.

        Thanks!

        Larry Hamilton