Re: [Clip] looping and exit

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007
      dave wrote:
      > Hi
      > With the partial clip below it loops, the no. of tracks but you still have
      > to press shift at the end to exit, is the a way to on the last loop to exit
      > and not have to press shift ??
      >
      > :START
      > ^!INSERT ^%N%=^%tracktitle%^?{tracktitle=}
      > ^!Keyboard ENTER
      > ^!SetHintInfo PRESS Shift key to continue clip
      > ^!IfFalse ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ Skip_-1 ELSE NEXT
      > ^!SetHintInfo CONTINUING............
      > ^!INC %N%
      > ^!JUMP +1
      > ^!IF ^%N% <= ^%notracks% START
      > :EXIT
      >
      > THANKYOU DAVE M

      Dave,

      I usually do something like this ...
      ;loop again if there are more rows
      ^!If ^%N% > ^$GetLinecount$ END ELSE START
    • abairheart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2007
        Dave,

        Just forget about using SHIFT altogether.
        Use the Wizard's CANCEL button to exit early.

        Here is how I would do this:

        ^!Set %n%=0; %tracktitle%=Common Title; %notracks%=30
        :START
        ^!Inc %n%
        ^!SetWizardTitle Enter Info for Track ^%n% of ^%tracktitle%
        ^!SetWizardLabel Press CANCEL to Quit
        ^!Set %temp%=^?{^%tracktitle% + subtitle=}
        ^!IfCancel DONE
        ^!Insert ^%n%=^%tracktitle%^%temp%^%nl%
        ^!If ^%n% < ^%notracks% START
        :DONE

        Changes made:
        (presets: N = 1 less than first track)
        Used Wizard title and lable as prompts
        Used a separate wizard line for clarity
        Used ^%nl% to insert EOL
        End of loop test "<=" changed to "<"
        ":EXIT" label changed to ":DONE"

        Note: You should NOT define labes with BUILT-IN identifiers.
        See Clip Script Help: Labels sub-section:

        H="Help with Lables"
        ^!Menu Help/Help on Clip Programming
        ^!Wait
        ^!Keyboard ALT+C &30 DOWN &30 DOWN &30 ENTER

        Abair