looping and exit

  • dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007
      Hi
      With the partial clip below it loops, the no. of tracks but you still have
      to press shift at the end to exit, is the a way to on the last loop to exit
      and not have to press shift ??

      :START
      ^!INSERT ^%N%=^%tracktitle%^?{tracktitle=}
      ^!Keyboard ENTER
      ^!SetHintInfo PRESS Shift key to continue clip
      ^!IfFalse ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ Skip_-1 ELSE NEXT
      ^!SetHintInfo CONTINUING............
      ^!INC %N%
      ^!JUMP +1
      ^!IF ^%N% <= ^%notracks% START
      :EXIT

      THANKYOU DAVE M
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007
        dave wrote:
        > Hi
        > With the partial clip below it loops, the no. of tracks but you still have
        > to press shift at the end to exit, is the a way to on the last loop to exit
        > and not have to press shift ??
        >
        > :START
        > ^!INSERT ^%N%=^%tracktitle%^?{tracktitle=}
        > ^!Keyboard ENTER
        > ^!SetHintInfo PRESS Shift key to continue clip
        > ^!IfFalse ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ Skip_-1 ELSE NEXT
        > ^!SetHintInfo CONTINUING............
        > ^!INC %N%
        > ^!JUMP +1
        > ^!IF ^%N% <= ^%notracks% START
        > :EXIT
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE M

        Dave,

        I usually do something like this ...
        ;loop again if there are more rows
        ^!If ^%N% > ^$GetLinecount$ END ELSE START
      • abairheart
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2007
          Dave,

          Just forget about using SHIFT altogether.
          Use the Wizard's CANCEL button to exit early.

          Here is how I would do this:

          ^!Set %n%=0; %tracktitle%=Common Title; %notracks%=30
          :START
          ^!Inc %n%
          ^!SetWizardTitle Enter Info for Track ^%n% of ^%tracktitle%
          ^!SetWizardLabel Press CANCEL to Quit
          ^!Set %temp%=^?{^%tracktitle% + subtitle=}
          ^!IfCancel DONE
          ^!Insert ^%n%=^%tracktitle%^%temp%^%nl%
          ^!If ^%n% < ^%notracks% START
          :DONE

          Changes made:
          (presets: N = 1 less than first track)
          Used Wizard title and lable as prompts
          Used a separate wizard line for clarity
          Used ^%nl% to insert EOL
          End of loop test "<=" changed to "<"
          ":EXIT" label changed to ":DONE"

          Note: You should NOT define labes with BUILT-IN identifiers.
          See Clip Script Help: Labels sub-section:

          H="Help with Lables"
          ^!Menu Help/Help on Clip Programming
          ^!Wait
          ^!Keyboard ALT+C &30 DOWN &30 DOWN &30 ENTER

          Abair