[Clip] Re: Need a little help - Please

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 1999
      Hi Kingtut,

      > sometimes...I need the path without a file name ie.

      OK, in the Clip now.

      > Also because the script commands are in alpha order...

      H="Run, RunWait"

      I took the Run & RunWait commands out of the script that I'm
      sending private eMail - I think the others saw enough. :) Just
      build the Run, RunWait Clips for what you need.

      You could use something like

      ^!IfSame "^%if%" "Run" Continue
      ^!IfSame "^%if%" "RunWait" Continue

      above where it goes to put the command line in then:

      :Continue
      ; THE REST OF YOU CODE
      ^!IfTrue ^%Directory% Next else Skip_2
      ^%if%, ^$GetPath("^%File%)$, ^%Command%
      ^!Goto Skip
      ^%if%, ^%File%, ^%Command%

      The above is what I used for when you wanted just a directory
      path. I put it into the script for you and ;commented it out so
      you can probably figure it out yourself.

      > Also I shortened the Command input to:
      > %Command%=^?{(3)&Command}
      > As Command can be litterally anything, this allows the user to
      > place what is needed, and this part works.

      True, but you can put the most common ones in there and they can
      use the "look ahead" typing in the field.

      > THanks for the help so far Jody, you are a God send. :)

      Thanks, but I'd rather teach you how to do it so you can do it
      for yourself and show others as well. I now you are able. :)

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner