Re: [Clip] Pesky # characters

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
      hsavage wrote:
      > I have no trouble
      > replacing the (hash)number characters from the sample.

      Well, yes, obviously. Text emails use a limited character set and the
      example got boiled down by the interface. But from:

      >> ;FIND "# & # AND REPLACE

      you can see, that more than one hash-like character was meant originally
      and presumably both aren't our basic 7-bit ASCII "#".

      Axel
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

        > Robin Chapple wrote:
        > > At 5/12/2006 11:47, loro wrote: Add a "T" to the
        > > flags. I thought that not to search for whole words
        > > only was the default, but obviously not.
        > >
        > > Pardon my ignorance. What is a "T" in this context?

        > Instead of WAIS use WAIST. As Sheri also pointed out
        > your clip finds "#" when it's on its own but not in a
        > string, so I assumed that was the problem with your
        > text too. From help: "T: Does not search for whole
        > words only (search string can be found within longer
        > words)."

        You're quite right, but its odd that its required. I would not have
        thought of "#" as a "whole word" (or even a word character).