Re: [Clip] Pesky # characters

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
      Strange, doesn't work for me on a line of #'s, although it will
      replace one if its the only thing on a line, or is followed by a space.

      This works (replaces all of them in the whole doc):

      ^!Replace "\#" >> " " RAWS

      > Robin Chapple wrote:
      > > I use NoteTab to clean formatted documents to plain text for use in
      > web pages.
      > >
      > > One clip is used to remove residual marks that include hash
      > > characters and it is mostly useful.
      > >
      > > I find that it does not remove the hash character.
      > >
      > > What have I done wrong?
      > >
      > > ^!Jump DOC_START
      > > ;FIND "# & # AND REPLACE
      > > ^!Replace ""#" >> " " WAIS
      > > ^!Replace "#" >> " " WAIS
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Robin Chapple
      >
      > Robin,
      >
      > I don't have a sample of the text you're working on but I duplicated a
      > small sample of my own.
      >
      > Using the replace commands from you sample clip I have no trouble
      > replacing the (hash)number characters from the sample.
      >
      > I do have the latest NTP version but I don't know if that makes a
      > difference in this case.
      >
      > ºvº
      > 2006.12.04
      > "Communication Skills I; Tears - The Last Resort, Not the First."
      > hrs ø hsavage@...

    • loro
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
        Robin Chapple wrote:
        >I find that it does not remove the hash character.
        >
        >What have I done wrong?
        >
        >^!Jump DOC_START
        >;FIND "# & # AND REPLACE
        >^!Replace ""#" >> " " WAIS
        >^!Replace "#" >> " " WAIS

        Add a "T" to the flags. I thought that not to search for whole words only
        was the default, but obviously not.

        Lotta
      • Robin Chapple
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006