Skip to search.

Re: [Clip] Pesky # characters

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4 4:09 PM
      Robin Chapple wrote:
      > I use NoteTab to clean formatted documents to plain text for use in
      web pages.

      > One clip is used to remove residual marks that include hash
      > characters and it is mostly useful.
      >
      > I find that it does not remove the hash character.
      >
      > What have I done wrong?
      >
      > ^!Jump DOC_START
      > ;FIND "# & # AND REPLACE
      > ^!Replace ""#" >> " " WAIS
      > ^!Replace "#" >> " " WAIS
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Robin Chapple

      Robin,

      I don't have a sample of the text you're working on but I duplicated a
      small sample of my own.

      Using the replace commands from you sample clip I have no trouble
      replacing the (hash)number characters from the sample.

      I do have the latest NTP version but I don't know if that makes a
      difference in this case.

      ºvº
      2006.12.04
      "Communication Skills I; Tears - The Last Resort, Not the First."
      hrs ø hsavage@...
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4 4:36 PM
        Strange, doesn't work for me on a line of #'s, although it will
        replace one if its the only thing on a line, or is followed by a space.

        This works (replaces all of them in the whole doc):

        ^!Replace "\#" >> " " RAWS

        > Robin Chapple wrote:
        > > I use NoteTab to clean formatted documents to plain text for use in
        > web pages.
        > >
        > > One clip is used to remove residual marks that include hash
        > > characters and it is mostly useful.
        > >
        > > I find that it does not remove the hash character.
        > >
        > > What have I done wrong?
        > >
        > > ^!Jump DOC_START
        > > ;FIND "# & # AND REPLACE
        > > ^!Replace ""#" >> " " WAIS
        > > ^!Replace "#" >> " " WAIS
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Robin Chapple
        >
        > Robin,
        >
        > I don't have a sample of the text you're working on but I duplicated a
        > small sample of my own.
        >
        > Using the replace commands from you sample clip I have no trouble
        > replacing the (hash)number characters from the sample.
        >
        > I do have the latest NTP version but I don't know if that makes a
        > difference in this case.
        >
        > ºvº
        > 2006.12.04
        > "Communication Skills I; Tears - The Last Resort, Not the First."
        > hrs ø hsavage@...

      • loro
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4 4:47 PM
          Robin Chapple wrote:
          >I find that it does not remove the hash character.
          >
          >What have I done wrong?
          >
          >^!Jump DOC_START
          >;FIND "# & # AND REPLACE
          >^!Replace ""#" >> " " WAIS
          >^!Replace "#" >> " " WAIS

          Add a "T" to the flags. I thought that not to search for whole words only
          was the default, but obviously not.

          Lotta
        • Robin Chapple
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4 6:18 PM