Keyboard alt+numbers

  • abairheart
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
      Is anybody out there knowledgable about the Keyboard command?

      I attempted to generate some extended characters using this
      command, but it doesn't work.

      ^!Keyboard ALTDOWN #0123# ALTUP

      does not work as expected.
      Various different ways don't work either. Instead they
      execute NoteTab or cursor commands.

      Can anyone shed some light on this?

      Thanks,

      Abair
    • Mark B.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "abairheart" <abairheart@...> wrote:

        > Is anybody out there knowledgable about the Keyboard command?
        >
        > I attempted to generate some extended characters using this
        > command, but it doesn't work.
        >
        > ^!Keyboard ALTDOWN #0123# ALTUP
        >
        > does not work as expected.
        > Various different ways don't work either. Instead they
        > execute NoteTab or cursor commands.
        >
        > Can anyone shed some light on this?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Abair

        Try this:
        ^$DecToChar(133)$

        Regarding the ^!Keyboard command: To obtain a special character by
        typing Alt+0133, the digits must be typed on the NUMERIC KEYPAD, I
        believe. Whereas ^!Keyboard Alt+0 "types" the zero on the main keyboard.
      • abairheart
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 20, 2006
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mark B." <breaumark@...> wrote:

          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "abairheart" <abairheart@> wrote:
          > >

          > > ^!Keyboard ALTDOWN #0123# ALTUP
          >
          > Try this:
          > ^$DecToChar(133)$

          Hmm, yes of course! Thanks, I'll give this a go.

          > Regarding the ^!Keyboard command: To obtain a special character by
          > typing Alt+0133, the digits must be typed on the NUMERIC KEYPAD, I
          > believe. Whereas ^!Keyboard Alt+0 "types" the zero on the main keyboard.

          Hmm again. This does stir up the dust in my brain.

          Thanks for the reply (and of course the answer to my problem ;).

          Abair