Re: [Clip] Local Variables and Recursion (Was: Go To Physical Line ...)

  • abairheart
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 7, 2006
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "frank" <tf@...> wrote:

      > hello all,
      >
      > >> The function calls itself recursively on a smaller version of the
      > input (n - > 1) and multiplies the result of the recursive call by n,
      > until...
      >
      > awhile back we discussed here a method to disassemble Clipcode elements
      > into modules and then reassemble the modules from within a master clip
      > using the FarClip function. I believe the variables could be passed to
      > each of the FarClip inclusions as local to the master clip.
      >
      > the result was reuseable clipcode pieces operating similar to function
      > calls...

      TF,

      I'm not sure what your point is, but any variables (%varname%) visible
      to the local clip is also visible to the far clip, AND vice versa.

      The scope is ALWAYS global, UNLESS only the current clip/prcedure can
      see a variable, even if the variable is left with a value in it, when
      you exit the clip.

      On the other hand, if a variable is stored only on disk (or in an INI
      file) and you religiously restrict access to the disk file, then
      values kept in ^$GetValue type variables DO have a LOCAL scope, rather
      than a GLOBAL one.

      Abair