Re: [Clip] Simple array processing in a Clip

  • Peter Anderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006

      > Peter Anderson wrote:
      > > select one of the displayed values the clip puts a corresponding
      > > value into the document being edited at the cursor position.
      >
      > ^!InsertHtml ^?[(T=L)Variable=AAA|_BBB|CCC|DDD]

      Alex and Evert,

      Thank you both! The following works a treat:

      H="Card Suits"
      ^!InsertHtml
      ^?[(T=L)Suit=_Spades^=♠|Hearts^=♥|Diamonds^=♦|Clubs^=♣]

      *** The actual clip is one line, broken by the list editor. ***

      This will be very useful for a whole lot of other clips I have in
      mind. I do most of my writing using a text editor to produce HTML
      code rather than ".doc" or ".rtf". The above clip is part of a
      "normal(dot)html" clip library.

      For my future benefit, can you explain several things for me?

      1. The meaning of the (T=L) phrase
      2. ^= I assume means 'transpose' or replace

      Thanks again for your valuable help.

      Regards,
      Peter
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Anderson" <pjafrombbay@...>
        wrote:

        > H="Test clip"
        > ^!SetWizardTitle "Insert a card suit code"
        > ;^?[Choose a suit=Spades|Hearts|Diamonds|Clubs]
        > ^!Set %NewVariable%=^?{Choose a suit==_Spades|Hearts|Diamonds|Clubs}
        > ^!InsertText %NewVariable%
        >
        > But of course is not working (yet!).

        You need a caret in front of %NewVariable% where you want to substitute
        the value it is holding:

        ^!InsertText ^%NewVariable%