Re: [Clip] Simple array processing in a Clip

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006
      Peter Anderson wrote:
      > select one of the displayed values the clip puts a corresponding
      > value into the document being edited at the cursor position.

      ^!InsertHtml ^?[(T=L)Variable=AAA|_BBB|CCC|DDD]

      Depending on what you're doing you might need to add a
      ^!Keyboard BACKSPACE
      before and/or after the above if you use autoreplace and get unwanted
      spaces.

      Axel
    • Peter Anderson
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006

        > Peter Anderson wrote:
        > > select one of the displayed values the clip puts a corresponding
        > > value into the document being edited at the cursor position.

        Thanks Evert and Alex. I probably did not make myself clear enough in
        my original post. I want to be able to click on a Clip Library and
        have a pop up list that showed me the three (or more) choices ("AAA",
        "BBB" and "CCC"). On choosing one, say "BBB", the Clip would insert
        the corresponding value, "222" in this case, into the document.

        The code that I have been playing with looks something like:

        H="Test clip"
        ^!SetWizardTitle "Insert a card suit code"
        ;^?[Choose a suit=Spades|Hearts|Diamonds|Clubs]
        ^!Set %NewVariable%=^?{Choose a suit==_Spades|Hearts|Diamonds|Clubs}
        ^!InsertText %NewVariable%

        But of course is not working (yet!).

        Regards,
        Peter
      • Peter Anderson
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Anderson" <pjafrombbay@...>
          wrote:

          > The code that I have been playing with looks something like:
          >
          > H="Test clip"
          > ^!SetWizardTitle "Insert a card suit code"
          > ;^?[Choose a suit=Spades|Hearts|Diamonds|Clubs]
          > ^!Set %NewVariable%=^?{Choose a suit==_Spades|Hearts|Diamonds|Clubs}
          > ^!InsertText %NewVariable%
          >
          > But of course is not working (yet!).

          The above was not very clear, another bit of code goes like this:

          H="Card Suits"
          ^!ClearVariables
          ^!SetArray %Suit%="♠";"♥";"♦";"♣"
          ^!SetWizardLabel "Select the required suit"
          ^!InsertWizardHtml "^?{Spades|Hearts|Diamonds|Clubs}"
          ^!Set %VariableName%=Data

          This example is even less successful. I am actually trying to replace
          words with equivalent HTML character codes.

          Peter
        • Peter Anderson
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006

            > Peter Anderson wrote:
            > > select one of the displayed values the clip puts a corresponding
            > > value into the document being edited at the cursor position.
            >
            > ^!InsertHtml ^?[(T=L)Variable=AAA|_BBB|CCC|DDD]

            Alex and Evert,

            Thank you both! The following works a treat:

            H="Card Suits"
            ^!InsertHtml
            ^?[(T=L)Suit=_Spades^=♠|Hearts^=♥|Diamonds^=♦|Clubs^=♣]

            *** The actual clip is one line, broken by the list editor. ***

            This will be very useful for a whole lot of other clips I have in
            mind. I do most of my writing using a text editor to produce HTML
            code rather than ".doc" or ".rtf". The above clip is part of a
            "normal(dot)html" clip library.

            For my future benefit, can you explain several things for me?

            1. The meaning of the (T=L) phrase
            2. ^= I assume means 'transpose' or replace

            Thanks again for your valuable help.

            Regards,
            Peter
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006
              wrote:

              > H="Test clip"
              > ^!SetWizardTitle "Insert a card suit code"
              > ;^?[Choose a suit=Spades|Hearts|Diamonds|Clubs]
              > ^!Set %NewVariable%=^?{Choose a suit==_Spades|Hearts|Diamonds|Clubs}
              > ^!InsertText %NewVariable%
              >
              > But of course is not working (yet!).

              You need a caret in front of %NewVariable% where you want to substitute
              the value it is holding:

              ^!InsertText ^%NewVariable%