[Clip] Re: Search Disk for Name, Append Matching Lines

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 24, 2006
      Hi Corl,

      The larger clip I posted shows how you can run a sub-clip using the
      ^!Clip command and have it run against multiple files (in this
      case .txt files) from a chosen directory.

      The Clip it would run is one you need to create (in the same library
      as the larger clip). You need to name it FixitUp.

      The lines at the bottom, (^!Jump Doc_Start, etc.) belong in FixitUp.

      Your own code for editing your files belongs in FixitUp. The demo
      code would write

      ;Changed by clip

      and a line break at the top of the current file. If the larger clip
      were used, it would open a txt file, run FixitUp, and save the txt
      file. Then open the next txt file and so forth.

      You would only use it once you know your FixitUp clip is working the
      way you want.