Re: [Clip] Re: Search & Replace ... but no replace

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2006
      "Pat(kitPatH)" wrote:
      > ^!Replace "á" >> "a" CWSA

      This seems very wrong to me. Every character set in use from at least
      DOS's 437, which I still use frequently, can show accents somehow.
      Umlauts are an integral part of my language and I suppose the French
      feel the same about their accents, just leaving them is wrong. (N.B:
      There is an accepted way for restricted keyboards, ä does not become a
      but ae etc.)
      The problem here is that for the files in question NoteTab sees the
      wrong accents and translates them to the wrong HTML entities. As I said
      I had the same problem. The answer is to replace the wrong by the right
      ones, not delete them altogether and the only problem is telling the
      "find" part exactly what to look for.