Re: [Clip] new version 5

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
      dave wrote:
      > Hi
      > I have notetab standard 5 ,why does not this work ??
      >
      > H="copy track name"
      > ^!select BOL
      > ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
      > ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
      >
      > THANKYOU DAVE M

      Where is the cursor when you start?
      Select BOL will go from current cursor position (often at the beginning
      of the line) to the beginning of the line. If that is nothing, then
      nothing is selected. Assuming you are selecting something meaningful
      then what is TRACK1? You have not set it anywhere?

      I suspect you want this:
      H="copy track name"
      ^!select BOL
      ^!Set %TRACK%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Info ^%TRACK%
    • dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
        Hi
        what I was trying to do in the old version you could do this Note that you
        can set the value of a variable with the data contained in another variable
        by using the following instruction:
        ^!Set %NewVariable%=^%OtherVariable%
        in new version 5 it don't work
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        >> I have notetab standard 5 ,why does not this work ??
        >>
        >> H="copy track name"
        >> ^!select BOL
        >> ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
        >> ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
        >>
        >> THANKYOU DAVE M
        >
        > Where is the cursor when you start?
        > Select BOL will go from current cursor position (often at the beginning
        > of the line) to the beginning of the line. If that is nothing, then
        > nothing is selected. Assuming you are selecting something meaningful
        > then what is TRACK1? You have not set it anywhere?
        >
        > I suspect you want this:
        > H="copy track name"
        > ^!select BOL
        > ^!Set %TRACK%=^$GetSelection$
        > ^!Info ^%TRACK%

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
          dave wrote:
          > Hi
          > what I was trying to do in the old version you could do this Note that you
          > can set the value of a variable with the data contained in another variable
          > by using the following instruction:
          > ^!Set %NewVariable%=^%OtherVariable%
          > in new version 5 it don't work
          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          You can still do that. But OtherVariable must have a value. In the
          clip you gave us it was never assigned a value.
        • dave
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
            Hi
            I worked the problem thankyou bad night .
            THANKYOU DAVE M