Re: [Clip] new version 5

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
      dave wrote:
      > Hi
      > I have notetab standard 5 ,why does not this work ??
      >
      > H="copy track name"
      > ^!select BOL
      > ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
      > ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
      >
      > THANKYOU DAVE M

      Dave,

      In your clip you're selecting from some point to beginning-of-line but
      you aren't assigning that selection to a variable.

      There's nothing wrong with the line, ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%, except,
      neither variable is valid, at this point in the clip both have a null
      value therefore nothing for the ^!Info [L] box to show.

      The modified clip below is not using the track1(null) variable, it
      assigns the selection BOL to the 'track' variable.

      H="copy track name"
      ^!select BOL
      ; ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
      ^!Set %TRACK%=^$GetSelection$
      ; ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
      ^!Info ^%TRACK%

      Now answer a question for me, my copy of NTS doesn't show clip language
      high-lighting, does yours?

      ºvº
      2006.10.06
      "Cooking I; Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs and Butter."
      hrs ø hsavage@...
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
        dave wrote:
        > Hi
        > I have notetab standard 5 ,why does not this work ??
        >
        > H="copy track name"
        > ^!select BOL
        > ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
        > ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE M

        Where is the cursor when you start?
        Select BOL will go from current cursor position (often at the beginning
        of the line) to the beginning of the line. If that is nothing, then
        nothing is selected. Assuming you are selecting something meaningful
        then what is TRACK1? You have not set it anywhere?

        I suspect you want this:
        H="copy track name"
        ^!select BOL
        ^!Set %TRACK%=^$GetSelection$
        ^!Info ^%TRACK%
      • dave
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
          Hi
          what I was trying to do in the old version you could do this Note that you
          can set the value of a variable with the data contained in another variable
          by using the following instruction:
          ^!Set %NewVariable%=^%OtherVariable%
          in new version 5 it don't work
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          >> I have notetab standard 5 ,why does not this work ??
          >>
          >> H="copy track name"
          >> ^!select BOL
          >> ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
          >> ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
          >>
          >> THANKYOU DAVE M
          >
          > Where is the cursor when you start?
          > Select BOL will go from current cursor position (often at the beginning
          > of the line) to the beginning of the line. If that is nothing, then
          > nothing is selected. Assuming you are selecting something meaningful
          > then what is TRACK1? You have not set it anywhere?
          >
          > I suspect you want this:
          > H="copy track name"
          > ^!select BOL
          > ^!Set %TRACK%=^$GetSelection$
          > ^!Info ^%TRACK%

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
            dave wrote:
            > Hi
            > what I was trying to do in the old version you could do this Note that you
            > can set the value of a variable with the data contained in another variable
            > by using the following instruction:
            > ^!Set %NewVariable%=^%OtherVariable%
            > in new version 5 it don't work
            > THANKYOU DAVE M

            You can still do that. But OtherVariable must have a value. In the
            clip you gave us it was never assigned a value.
          • dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
              Hi
              I worked the problem thankyou bad night .
              THANKYOU DAVE M