new version 5

  • dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
      Hi
      I have notetab standard 5 ,why does not this work ??

      H="copy track name"
      ^!select BOL
      ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
      ^!Info ^%TRACK1%

      THANKYOU DAVE M
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
        dave wrote:
        > Hi
        > I have notetab standard 5 ,why does not this work ??
        >
        > H="copy track name"
        > ^!select BOL
        > ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
        > ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE M

        Dave,

        In your clip you're selecting from some point to beginning-of-line but
        you aren't assigning that selection to a variable.

        There's nothing wrong with the line, ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%, except,
        neither variable is valid, at this point in the clip both have a null
        value therefore nothing for the ^!Info [L] box to show.

        The modified clip below is not using the track1(null) variable, it
        assigns the selection BOL to the 'track' variable.

        H="copy track name"
        ^!select BOL
        ; ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
        ^!Set %TRACK%=^$GetSelection$
        ; ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
        ^!Info ^%TRACK%

        Now answer a question for me, my copy of NTS doesn't show clip language
        high-lighting, does yours?

        ºvº
        2006.10.06
        "Cooking I; Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs and Butter."
        hrs ø hsavage@...
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
          dave wrote:
          > Hi
          > I have notetab standard 5 ,why does not this work ??
          >
          > H="copy track name"
          > ^!select BOL
          > ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
          > ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
          >
          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          Where is the cursor when you start?
          Select BOL will go from current cursor position (often at the beginning
          of the line) to the beginning of the line. If that is nothing, then
          nothing is selected. Assuming you are selecting something meaningful
          then what is TRACK1? You have not set it anywhere?

          I suspect you want this:
          H="copy track name"
          ^!select BOL
          ^!Set %TRACK%=^$GetSelection$
          ^!Info ^%TRACK%
        • dave
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
            Hi
            what I was trying to do in the old version you could do this Note that you
            can set the value of a variable with the data contained in another variable
            by using the following instruction:
            ^!Set %NewVariable%=^%OtherVariable%
            in new version 5 it don't work
            THANKYOU DAVE M

            >> I have notetab standard 5 ,why does not this work ??
            >>
            >> H="copy track name"
            >> ^!select BOL
            >> ^!Set %TRACK%=^%TRACK1%
            >> ^!Info ^%TRACK1%
            >>
            >> THANKYOU DAVE M
            >
            > Where is the cursor when you start?
            > Select BOL will go from current cursor position (often at the beginning
            > of the line) to the beginning of the line. If that is nothing, then
            > nothing is selected. Assuming you are selecting something meaningful
            > then what is TRACK1? You have not set it anywhere?
            >
            > I suspect you want this:
            > H="copy track name"
            > ^!select BOL
            > ^!Set %TRACK%=^$GetSelection$
            > ^!Info ^%TRACK%

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
              dave wrote:
              > Hi
              > what I was trying to do in the old version you could do this Note that you
              > can set the value of a variable with the data contained in another variable
              > by using the following instruction:
              > ^!Set %NewVariable%=^%OtherVariable%
              > in new version 5 it don't work
              > THANKYOU DAVE M

              You can still do that. But OtherVariable must have a value. In the
              clip you gave us it was never assigned a value.
            • dave
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
                Hi
                I worked the problem thankyou bad night .
                THANKYOU DAVE M