[Clip] Re: Playing Midi Files

  • Bruce Obermeyer
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 1999
      On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 15:08:56 +0000, rainmark@... wrote:

      >Hi Jody and Clippers,
      >Is there a way I can get it to use the same instance for
      >each new midi? Some kind of a "IfOpen UseSame" clause?
      >Thanks,
      >Mark

      Try this:
      From Windows Explorer go to View|File Types. Find type for your midi files. Click Edit. Click New and add this action: PlayClose.
      Fill in the appropriate fields as indicated. The Action field is &Play&Close. Click OK all the way out.

      If that doesn't work, you can associate midi files to IrfanView if you have it; otherwise, edit your win.ini field similarly.

      P.S. In response to Jody's earlier update, I now have a simple clip at my web page to run 800What.exe for those who may have
      already downloaded a copy, and the clip is also in the zip file for future downloads. I need to clean it up for path searching and so
      forth, but Charlie Raine has created another clip to do the whole thing without the .exe file. He should have it uploaded soon (last
      minute tweaks). Thanks to both of them.

      Bruce
      obie@...
      http://home1.gte.net/obie/Index.htm
    • rainmark@att.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 1999
        Hi Jody,
        I-View??? I have that but what does it have to do with
        Media Player? Did I miss a beat here? ;-)
        Mark

      • obie@gte.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 14, 1999
          > Hi Jody,
          > I-View??? I have that but what does it have to do with
          > Media Player? Did I miss a beat here? ;-)
          > Mark
          >
          > > Loop in the player under the "Player" tab and see if you
          > > have the first box checked to reuse the same window.
          >
          > > Another alternative is I_View - try one of these links:

          Mark,
          I believe, the original problem was having too many midi players open
          and having to close them all after you have finished listening Unless
          Note Tab causes the problem, Irfan View seems to do what you want. I
          just played several midi files through both Netscape and Opera browsers
          using IView as the midi player, and both browsers loaded only one copy
          of IView to play all the midis. Set IView as the helper for the file
          types first, and then try this site for several midis to play and see
          what happens:

          http://www.christiananswers.net/midimenu2.html

          Bruce
          obie@...