[Clip] NoteTab and Help files

  • Mike Juckes
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 1999
      Has anybody out there put together a clip for creating help project files -
      along the lines of the HTML clips???
      Regards,
      Mike Juckes
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 1999
        Hi Mike and All,

        (If anybody wonders why some of the posts to me seem to go
        unanswered, it is not that I don't answer, but just not back to
        the list if it is off topic like the I_View post. :)

        > Has anybody out there put together a clip for creating help
        > project files -along the lines of the HTML clips???

        Are you asking for Help Files for making HTML Clips? If so, I do
        not know of any in specific. I suggest that you read Clip Basics
        in Help if you have not done so. Look at Grandma Kay's sight:
        http://able2find.com/notetabclips.shtml

        You might take a peek also at my NotePage from the link below to
        look at the code.

        I also recommend that you get Wayne's cross reference. This is
        not the link that he usually sends, but it should get you there.

        http://landru.i-link-2.net/wayne/ntr460.zip

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Mike Juckes
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
          What I want to do is to create *.hhp files , these are the source project
          files for win help *.hlp files. I don't think that it is very difficult to
          put a basic help project file together with just topics and text. It is the
          technique that is needed I suppose.

          If it has been done I am sure somebody would have answered by now so I guess
          my question is answered as well.

          Thank you for your time
          Mike Juckes

          > (If anybody wonders why some of the posts to me seem to go
          > unanswered, it is not that I don't answer, but just not back to
          > the list if it is off topic like the I_View post. :)
          >
          > > Has anybody out there put together a clip for creating help
          > > project files -along the lines of the HTML clips???
          >
          > Are you asking for Help Files for making HTML Clips? If so, I do
          > not know of any in specific. I suggest that you read Clip Basics
          > in Help if you have not done so. Look at Grandma Kay's sight:
          > http://able2find.com/notetabclips.shtml
          >
          > You might take a peek also at my NotePage from the link below to
          > look at the code.
          >
          > I also recommend that you get Wayne's cross reference. This is
          > not the link that he usually sends, but it should get you there.
          >
          > http://landru.i-link-2.net/wayne/ntr460.zip
          >
          > Happy Clip'n!
          > Jody
          >
          > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          >
          > The NoteTab Clip List...
          > mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

          > @Backup - The #1 Online Backup Service. Protect your files before
          > you lose them. Easy, Reliable, Secure online backups. INSTALL
          > today. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/938
          >

          > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips

        • Sky- Surfer
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
            I too, Mike Juckes, am looking for a simple (and quick) way to convert mass
            amount of pure text into a searchable, index-able help file. (Either .hlp
            or .chm will work for me) I haven't found it yet, but I recently found a
            free tool (Microsoft HTML Help 1.22) at a Microsoft site that will allow me
            to convert (or create) HTML documents into a .chm file. Although
            personally, I was leaning more towards the possibility of converting a
            multitude of simple TXT documents, without having to deal with a multiple
            conversion. (ie: text to html - html to chm)

            By the way, if the above tool sounds like it might be for you, the download
            and more info can be found at:

            http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/htmlhelp/

            As I've said, I've just recently discovered this tool, so there might very
            well be a way to actually do the above single conversion with Microsoft HTML
            Help 1.22...? (I've got to delve a little deeper into it to know for
            sure...)

            Hope this is in some way helpful... I'll keep you posted if I find a better
            suited utility...

            **

            May the Music of the Meadows...
            With Their Songs of Silver Springs...
            Bring Magic to the Life You Live...
            And Hope To Fill Your Dreams...

          • Mike Juckes
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 9, 1999
              Check out KeeBoo from www.keeboo.com it is free and biggish at 7 meg, but
              will gather both web pages, text and graphics into an electronic 'book' by
              chapter. It is only at version 1.0 right now but still quite an impressive
              effort.
              Thank you for telling me about HTMLhelp.
              I enclose a neat little free winhelp program
              regards mike