[Clip] Re: Calc

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
      Hi Gopal,

      > ^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$
      > ^!Calc [16+50]
      > were sufficient to sort out my problem.

      Yeppers - the others were just more ways of doing it and me
      gettings joys from my toys. :)

      > Many thanks.

      You're welcome!

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
    • Gopal Raj
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
        Hi Ray,

        >Gopal, I too use NoteTab's calc all the time, usually inside the document
        >window. But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
        >you're welcome to it to use/try out.

        Thanks a lot for your offer, I appreciate it. Apart from using NoteTab for
        most of my writing, I also use it as a sort of electronic scratch pad for
        calculations and then create a clip when I find I need to do some
        calculation repetitively. I'll get back to you if I get stuck and need
        help. It is nice knowing that there are others around with experience in
        using the calc function.

        Best wishes,

        -- Gopal
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 1999
          Hi Raymond,

          > But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
          > you're welcome to it to use/try out.

          If you do not have a method yet to add up numbers in a column
          that are in a delimited file easily, perhaps you might want to
          add something like this. There are many ways of doing it of
          course. This is just what I did when I needed it.

          <--- Copy below this line --->
          H=Block Add /Prompt
          ; 10/07/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
          ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
          ^!Keyboard Alt+M B C
          ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$
          ^!Toolbar Paste New
          ^!Select All
          ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
          ^!Toolbar Copy All
          ^!Close Discard

          H=Block Add / Info-line
          ; 10/07/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
          ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
          ^!Keyboard Alt+M B C
          ^!Set %Trim%=^$StrTrim("^$GetClipboard$")$
          ^!Set %RemBreaks%=^$StrReplace("^%nl%";"^%Space%+^%Space%";"^%Trim%";False;False)$^%Space%=^%Space%
          ^!Toolbar New Document
          ^%RemBreaks%
          ^!Replace " " >> " " WAS
          ^!IfError Skip
          ^!Goto Skip_-2
          ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
          ^!Toolbar Copy All
          ^!Close Discard
          ^!Info ^$GetClipboard$

          <--- Copy above this line, right --->
          <--- click over the Clipbook and --->
          <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 7, 1999
            Hi Raymond,

            > If you do not have a method yet to add up numbers in a column
            > that are in a delimited file easily, perhaps you might want to
            > add something like this.

            I was in a hurry to eat some carrot cake my Mom sent. :) To work
            both the Clips do it like you normally would a block copy and
            click on a Clip.

            blah blah blah $19.95 blah blah blah
            blah blah blah $ 9.95 blah blah blah
            blah blah blah $29.95 blah blah blah