Re: [Clip] LEarning CLip programming

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
      José Mariz wrote:
      Some others seem not to be covered anywhere, like WSA, ^P, ^T etc.

      They are. W, S, and A under find and replace, ^P is <CR><LF>, i.e.
      "paragraph" in word processing talk and ^T I don't know.
      But I agree, for a beginner, which I am too, a paper manual is great.
      You can underline, highlight and place sticky paper bookmarks. After a
      while, when you have become accustomed to both the language and the
      helpfiles, you won't use the book any more, but I found it much easier
      to get into things when they were still customary. OTOH I also remember
      how much I used to pay for powerful tools like NoteTab, so progress is
      not all bad.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2006
        Hi José,

        >I’m just beginning to learn clip programming language. Is there
        >any manual that would make it easier and faster than the Help
        >Topics (or the Wayne VanWeerthuizen’s NoteTab Reference Outline)?

        The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
        designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
        Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
        different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
        Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
        difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
        Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
        to open the Outline.

        All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
        folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

        Please do not ask questions about the tutorial on this list. If
        you have a question about a command or function used in it, you
        can ask about them, but please keep it to Clip writing and not the
        tutorial.

        Convert your eMail programs... Aid4Mail: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

        Freeware and Shareware; some seamleesly integrates with NoteTab:
        http://www.sojourner.us/software

      • Bob Gorman
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 12, 2006
          >Hi José,
          >
          > >I’m just beginning to learn clip programming language. Is there
          > >any manual that would make it easier and faster than the Help
          > >Topics (or the Wayne VanWeerthuizen’s NoteTab Reference Outline)?

          In addition to Jody's great tutorial:
          >The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
          >designed to walk you through Clip writing.

          >All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
          >folder.
          ><http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip>http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.<http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip>zip

          There is another of Wayne VanWeerthuizen's gems in the files section of
          this list. It is: NoteTab Tutorial Control Structures v003.otl
          UNFINISHED. Tutorial on NoteTab Clip Programming
          - primary focus on complex if statements, loops, and other control structures.

          I've been programming for over 40 years, in as many different programming
          languages & dialects, and have never seen as clear an explanation of
          control structures. I wish I had read it 40 years ago...

          Bob

          People don't want Computers...
          They want Answers...

          Bob Gorman

        • Lee Underwood
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 12, 2006
            Thanks, Bob! It looks like a great tutorial. (Maybe someday all of
            this will be put together ... I would be willing to pay for a nice,
            neat, detailed tutorial for NoteTab clips. I know that it would also
            have to include programming techniques.)

            If anyone is interested in writing tutorials for NoteTab clips, we
            could use them over at WebReference.com. (We even pay!). If you're
            interested, give me a holler at: lunderwood@...

            Lee

            Lee Underwood
            Jupitermedia Corporation

            Managing Editor
            WebDeveloper.com | ScriptSearch | JavaScript Source | TheCounter | TheGuestbook

            Associate Editor
            WebReference.com

            On 9/12/2006 03:14 PM, Bob Gorman wrote:
            >There is another of Wayne VanWeerthuizen's gems in the files section
            >of this list. It is: NoteTab Tutorial Control Structures v003.otl
            >UNFINISHED. Tutorial on NoteTab Clip Programming - primary focus on
            >complex if statements, loops, and other control structures.
            >
            >I've been programming for over 40 years, in as many different
            >programming languages & dialects, and have never seen as clear an
            >explanation of control structures. I wish I had read it 40 years ago...
            >
            >Bob
            >
            >People don't want Computers...
            >They want Answers...
            >
            >Bob Gorman

          • Larry Hamilton
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
              Bob,

              I am interested in more details on this. What sort of articles are you
              seeking?

              I am an 8+ year user of NoteTab, and is my main web development tool,
              and note keeper. I am also one of the regular beta-testers. My name is
              in the acknowledgments in the Help file. I built a quick how-to write a
              clip a few years ago. I can polish it up fairly easily.

              NoteTab is a very powerful tool. I made them buy me a copy at my regular
              job. I support financial and payroll software for I use it to help with
              automating scripts for working with SQL statements and outlines for
              Knowledge Base articles.

              Larry Hamilton
              Kairos Computer Solutions
              http://www.kairoscomputers.com

              Lee Underwood wrote:
              > Thanks, Bob! It looks like a great tutorial. (Maybe someday all of
              > this will be put together ... I would be willing to pay for a nice,
              > neat, detailed tutorial for NoteTab clips. I know that it would also
              > have to include programming techniques.)
              >
              > If anyone is interested in writing tutorials for NoteTab clips, we
              > could use them over at WebReference.com. (We even pay!). If you're
              > interested, give me a holler at: lunderwood@...
              >
              > Lee

              > Lee Underwood
              > Jupitermedia Corporation
              >
              > Managing Editor
              > WebDeveloper.com | ScriptSearch | JavaScript Source | TheCounter | TheGuestbook
              >
              > Associate Editor
              > WebReference.com
            • Larry Hamilton
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
                Oops! Don't hit send when you get a distraction!

                Larry Hamilton
                Kairos Computer Solutions
                http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
                Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
              • Lee Underwood
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 13, 2006
                  No problem, Larry. I received it on the other end.

                  Lee