[Clip] Re: Calc

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
      Hi Jody and Gopal,

      >> I use Notetab's Calc capability a lot. If the ^$Calc format is
      >> used, the result is pasted in the active document.... Can
      >> someone suggest a way to have the result displayed in a window
      >> and also have it on the clipboard?
      >
      >Take your pic. <g>
      >
      >^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$

      Jody, your clip's too much fun!!

      Gopal, I too use NoteTab's calc all the time, usually inside the document
      window. But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
      you're welcome to it to use/try out.

      There's five calculators and the plain calc is done. I just added
      SetClipboard to it as a result of your post. (There's also a list calc
      that's working but subject to rewrite, and the financial, scientific, and
      conversion calcs haven't been gotten to yet.)

      Cheers,
      Ray
    • Gopal Raj
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
        Hi Jody,

        The two lines:
        ^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$
        ^!Calc [16+50]
        were sufficient to sort out my problem.

        Many thanks.

        -- Gopal

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
          Hi Gopal,

          > ^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$
          > ^!Calc [16+50]
          > were sufficient to sort out my problem.

          Yeppers - the others were just more ways of doing it and me
          gettings joys from my toys. :)

          > Many thanks.

          You're welcome!

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Clip List...
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        • Gopal Raj
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
            Hi Ray,

            >Gopal, I too use NoteTab's calc all the time, usually inside the document
            >window. But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
            >you're welcome to it to use/try out.

            Thanks a lot for your offer, I appreciate it. Apart from using NoteTab for
            most of my writing, I also use it as a sort of electronic scratch pad for
            calculations and then create a clip when I find I need to do some
            calculation repetitively. I'll get back to you if I get stuck and need
            help. It is nice knowing that there are others around with experience in
            using the calc function.

            Best wishes,

            -- Gopal
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 1999
              Hi Raymond,

              > But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
              > you're welcome to it to use/try out.

              If you do not have a method yet to add up numbers in a column
              that are in a delimited file easily, perhaps you might want to
              add something like this. There are many ways of doing it of
              course. This is just what I did when I needed it.

              <--- Copy below this line --->
              H=Block Add /Prompt
              ; 10/07/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
              ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
              ^!Keyboard Alt+M B C
              ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$
              ^!Toolbar Paste New
              ^!Select All
              ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
              ^!Toolbar Copy All
              ^!Close Discard

              H=Block Add / Info-line
              ; 10/07/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
              ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
              ^!Keyboard Alt+M B C
              ^!Set %Trim%=^$StrTrim("^$GetClipboard$")$
              ^!Set %RemBreaks%=^$StrReplace("^%nl%";"^%Space%+^%Space%";"^%Trim%";False;False)$^%Space%=^%Space%
              ^!Toolbar New Document
              ^%RemBreaks%
              ^!Replace " " >> " " WAS
              ^!IfError Skip
              ^!Goto Skip_-2
              ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
              ^!Toolbar Copy All
              ^!Close Discard
              ^!Info ^$GetClipboard$

              <--- Copy above this line, right --->
              <--- click over the Clipbook and --->
              <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 7, 1999
                Hi Raymond,

                > If you do not have a method yet to add up numbers in a column
                > that are in a delimited file easily, perhaps you might want to
                > add something like this.

                I was in a hurry to eat some carrot cake my Mom sent. :) To work
                both the Clips do it like you normally would a block copy and
                click on a Clip.

                blah blah blah $19.95 blah blah blah
                blah blah blah $ 9.95 blah blah blah
                blah blah blah $29.95 blah blah blah