Re: [CLIP] StrCapitalize doesn't work

  • Ralf
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
      On 9/7/06, Sheri wrote:

      > :ChgCase
      > ^!Find ".+$" rs
      > ^!IfError Finished
      > ^$StrCapitalize(^$GetSelection$)$
      > ^!Goto ChgCase
      > :Finished
      >
      > I think above will work in 4.95 as well as 5.

      Yes, that works, thanks a lot Sheri.

      What I didn't write at first is that I initially tried to achieve
      reformating an ASP-variable this way
      somevariable
      -->
      txtSomevariable = Request.Form("somevariable")

      I had this as code which didn't work (thanks to Eric now i know why it doesn't).
      ^!Replace {.*}\n >> txt^$StrCapitalize(\1)$ = Request.Form("\1")\n HIRAW

      When I take your working code this should be doable but finally looks
      somehow complicated for a simple replacement task.

      If I get

      > There is the possibility for "callbacks" to be implemented down the
      > road in the new (5.1+) regular expression clip processing if Eric
      > sees that there is interest.

      right, this would be exactly what was needed.

      Thanks again for helping
      Ralf