Re: [CLIP] StrCapitalize doesn't work

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
      You would have to do something like this:

      H="Strcap"
      :ChgCase
      ^!Find ".+$" rs
      ^!IfError Finished
      ^$StrCapitalize(^$GetSelection$)$
      ^!Goto ChgCase
      :Finished

      I think above will work in 4.95 as well as 5.

      There is the possibility for "callbacks" to be implemented down the
      road in the new (5.1+) regular expression clip processing if Eric
      sees that there is interest. Callbacks would let us do some
      processing inside a regexp replace all (e.g., run a clip at a
      certain point in the replacement clause to format the result).

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Ralf <listac@...> wrote:

      > When I try to capitalize a list of words like
      >
      > test
      > bla
      > gnop
      >
      > with the clip expression
      > ^!Replace {.*}\n >> ^$StrCapitalize(\1)$\n HIRAW
      > I expected to get
      >
      > Test
      > Bla
      > Gnop
      >
      > This doesn't work. What's wrong?
      >
      > Ralf

    • Ralf
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
        On 9/7/06, Sheri wrote:

        > :ChgCase
        > ^!Find ".+$" rs
        > ^!IfError Finished
        > ^$StrCapitalize(^$GetSelection$)$
        > ^!Goto ChgCase
        > :Finished
        >
        > I think above will work in 4.95 as well as 5.

        Yes, that works, thanks a lot Sheri.

        What I didn't write at first is that I initially tried to achieve
        reformating an ASP-variable this way
        somevariable
        -->
        txtSomevariable = Request.Form("somevariable")

        I had this as code which didn't work (thanks to Eric now i know why it doesn't).
        ^!Replace {.*}\n >> txt^$StrCapitalize(\1)$ = Request.Form("\1")\n HIRAW

        When I take your working code this should be doable but finally looks
        somehow complicated for a simple replacement task.

        If I get

        > There is the possibility for "callbacks" to be implemented down the
        > road in the new (5.1+) regular expression clip processing if Eric
        > sees that there is interest.

        right, this would be exactly what was needed.

        Thanks again for helping
        Ralf