[Clip] Re: Calc

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
      Hi Gopal,

      > I use Notetab's Calc capability a lot. If the ^$Calc format is
      > used, the result is pasted in the active document.... Can
      > someone suggest a way to have the result displayed in a window
      > and also have it on the clipboard?

      Take your pic. <g>

      ^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$
      ^!Calc [16+50]
      ^!Wait
      ^!Info ^$Calc(16+50)$
      ^!Calc
      ^!Delay 5
      ^!Keyboard #16# + #50# Enter
      ^!Wait
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!InsertText 16+50^pWatch this
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!Jump -1
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
      ^!Jump Line_End
      =
      ^!Select Eol
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!DeleteLine
      ^!Jump 1
      ^!Info ^$GetLine$
      ^!StatusShow Clipboard = ^$GetClipboard$
      ^!Delay 15
      ^!StatusClose
      ^!Close Discard

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
        Hi Jody and Gopal,

        >> I use Notetab's Calc capability a lot. If the ^$Calc format is
        >> used, the result is pasted in the active document.... Can
        >> someone suggest a way to have the result displayed in a window
        >> and also have it on the clipboard?
        >
        >Take your pic. <g>
        >
        >^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$

        Jody, your clip's too much fun!!

        Gopal, I too use NoteTab's calc all the time, usually inside the document
        window. But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
        you're welcome to it to use/try out.

        There's five calculators and the plain calc is done. I just added
        SetClipboard to it as a result of your post. (There's also a list calc
        that's working but subject to rewrite, and the financial, scientific, and
        conversion calcs haven't been gotten to yet.)

        Cheers,
        Ray
      • Gopal Raj
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
          Hi Jody,

          The two lines:
          ^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$
          ^!Calc [16+50]
          were sufficient to sort out my problem.

          Many thanks.

          -- Gopal

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
            Hi Gopal,

            > ^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$
            > ^!Calc [16+50]
            > were sufficient to sort out my problem.

            Yeppers - the others were just more ways of doing it and me
            gettings joys from my toys. :)

            > Many thanks.

            You're welcome!

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
              Hi Ray,

              >Gopal, I too use NoteTab's calc all the time, usually inside the document
              >window. But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
              >you're welcome to it to use/try out.

              Thanks a lot for your offer, I appreciate it. Apart from using NoteTab for
              most of my writing, I also use it as a sort of electronic scratch pad for
              calculations and then create a clip when I find I need to do some
              calculation repetitively. I'll get back to you if I get stuck and need
              help. It is nice knowing that there are others around with experience in
              using the calc function.

              Best wishes,

              -- Gopal
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 7, 1999
                Hi Raymond,

                > But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
                > you're welcome to it to use/try out.

                If you do not have a method yet to add up numbers in a column
                that are in a delimited file easily, perhaps you might want to
                add something like this. There are many ways of doing it of
                course. This is just what I did when I needed it.

                <--- Copy below this line --->
                H=Block Add /Prompt
                ; 10/07/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
                ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                ^!Keyboard Alt+M B C
                ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$
                ^!Toolbar Paste New
                ^!Select All
                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
                ^!Toolbar Copy All
                ^!Close Discard

                H=Block Add / Info-line
                ; 10/07/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
                ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                ^!Keyboard Alt+M B C
                ^!Set %Trim%=^$StrTrim("^$GetClipboard$")$
                ^!Set %RemBreaks%=^$StrReplace("^%nl%";"^%Space%+^%Space%";"^%Trim%";False;False)$^%Space%=^%Space%
                ^!Toolbar New Document
                ^%RemBreaks%
                ^!Replace " " >> " " WAS
                ^!IfError Skip
                ^!Goto Skip_-2
                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
                ^!Toolbar Copy All
                ^!Close Discard
                ^!Info ^$GetClipboard$

                <--- Copy above this line, right --->
                <--- click over the Clipbook and --->
                <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 7, 1999
                  Hi Raymond,

                  > If you do not have a method yet to add up numbers in a column
                  > that are in a delimited file easily, perhaps you might want to
                  > add something like this.

                  I was in a hurry to eat some carrot cake my Mom sent. :) To work
                  both the Clips do it like you normally would a block copy and
                  click on a Clip.

                  blah blah blah $19.95 blah blah blah
                  blah blah blah $ 9.95 blah blah blah
                  blah blah blah $29.95 blah blah blah