[Clip] Calc

  • Gopal Raj
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 1999
      I use Notetab's Calc capability a lot. If the ^$Calc format is used, the
      result is pasted in the active document. With the ^!Calc format, the result
      is only displayed in a window. Can someone suggest a way to have the result
      displayed in a window and also have it on the clipboard? Then I would have
      the option of pasting the result into the document should I want to use it.

      -- Gopal Raj
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
        Hi Gopal,

        > I use Notetab's Calc capability a lot. If the ^$Calc format is
        > used, the result is pasted in the active document.... Can
        > someone suggest a way to have the result displayed in a window
        > and also have it on the clipboard?

        Take your pic. <g>

        ^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$
        ^!Calc [16+50]
        ^!Wait
        ^!Info ^$Calc(16+50)$
        ^!Calc
        ^!Delay 5
        ^!Keyboard #16# + #50# Enter
        ^!Wait
        ^!Toolbar New Document
        ^!InsertText 16+50^pWatch this
        ^!Delay 10
        ^!Jump -1
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
        ^!Jump Line_End
        =
        ^!Select Eol
        ^!Delay 10
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
        ^!Jump +1
        ^!DeleteLine
        ^!Jump 1
        ^!Info ^$GetLine$
        ^!StatusShow Clipboard = ^$GetClipboard$
        ^!Delay 15
        ^!StatusClose
        ^!Close Discard

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
          Hi Jody and Gopal,

          >> I use Notetab's Calc capability a lot. If the ^$Calc format is
          >> used, the result is pasted in the active document.... Can
          >> someone suggest a way to have the result displayed in a window
          >> and also have it on the clipboard?
          >
          >Take your pic. <g>
          >
          >^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$

          Jody, your clip's too much fun!!

          Gopal, I too use NoteTab's calc all the time, usually inside the document
          window. But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
          you're welcome to it to use/try out.

          There's five calculators and the plain calc is done. I just added
          SetClipboard to it as a result of your post. (There's also a list calc
          that's working but subject to rewrite, and the financial, scientific, and
          conversion calcs haven't been gotten to yet.)

          Cheers,
          Ray
        • Gopal Raj
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
            Hi Jody,

            The two lines:
            ^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$
            ^!Calc [16+50]
            were sufficient to sort out my problem.

            Many thanks.

            -- Gopal

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
              Hi Gopal,

              > ^!SetClipboard ^$Calc(16+50;2)$
              > ^!Calc [16+50]
              > were sufficient to sort out my problem.

              Yeppers - the others were just more ways of doing it and me
              gettings joys from my toys. :)

              > Many thanks.

              You're welcome!

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
                Hi Ray,

                >Gopal, I too use NoteTab's calc all the time, usually inside the document
                >window. But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
                >you're welcome to it to use/try out.

                Thanks a lot for your offer, I appreciate it. Apart from using NoteTab for
                most of my writing, I also use it as a sort of electronic scratch pad for
                calculations and then create a clip when I find I need to do some
                calculation repetitively. I'll get back to you if I get stuck and need
                help. It is nice knowing that there are others around with experience in
                using the calc function.

                Best wishes,

                -- Gopal
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 7, 1999
                  Hi Raymond,

                  > But there's a calculator clip library I've been working on, and
                  > you're welcome to it to use/try out.

                  If you do not have a method yet to add up numbers in a column
                  that are in a delimited file easily, perhaps you might want to
                  add something like this. There are many ways of doing it of
                  course. This is just what I did when I needed it.

                  <--- Copy below this line --->
                  H=Block Add /Prompt
                  ; 10/07/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
                  ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                  ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                  ^!Keyboard Alt+M B C
                  ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$
                  ^!Toolbar Paste New
                  ^!Select All
                  ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
                  ^!Toolbar Copy All
                  ^!Close Discard

                  H=Block Add / Info-line
                  ; 10/07/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
                  ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                  ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                  ^!Keyboard Alt+M B C
                  ^!Set %Trim%=^$StrTrim("^$GetClipboard$")$
                  ^!Set %RemBreaks%=^$StrReplace("^%nl%";"^%Space%+^%Space%";"^%Trim%";False;False)$^%Space%=^%Space%
                  ^!Toolbar New Document
                  ^%RemBreaks%
                  ^!Replace " " >> " " WAS
                  ^!IfError Skip
                  ^!Goto Skip_-2
                  ^!Keyboard Ctrl+E
                  ^!Toolbar Copy All
                  ^!Close Discard
                  ^!Info ^$GetClipboard$

                  <--- Copy above this line, right --->
                  <--- click over the Clipbook and --->
                  <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 7, 1999
                    Hi Raymond,

                    > If you do not have a method yet to add up numbers in a column
                    > that are in a delimited file easily, perhaps you might want to
                    > add something like this.

                    I was in a hurry to eat some carrot cake my Mom sent. :) To work
                    both the Clips do it like you normally would a block copy and
                    click on a Clip.

                    blah blah blah $19.95 blah blah blah
                    blah blah blah $ 9.95 blah blah blah
                    blah blah blah $29.95 blah blah blah