[Clip] Re: Playing Midi Files

  • rainmark@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 1999
      Hi Jody,
      Thanks, I'll give it a try.
      Mark

    • rainmark@att.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 1999
        Hi Jody and Clippers,
        The following clip works but each time I click on a new
        midi clip, it opens up a new instance of Media Player.
        Is there a way I can get it to use the same instance for
        each new midi? Some kind of a "IfOpen UseSame" clause?
        Thanks,
        Mark

        ^!"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe"
        ^!E:\MyMidis\Folder\Filename.mid
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 1999
          Hi Mark,

          >The following clip works but each time I click on a new
          >midi clip, it opens up a new instance of Media Player.
          >Is there a way I can get it to use the same instance for
          >each new midi?

          Loop in the player under the "Player" tab and see if you
          have the first box checked to reuse the same window.

          NoteTab does not have a way of telling it to use the same
          window. We would have to build a Clip to see if it was
          open, if so, close and start the new one, if not, start
          the new.

          Another alternative is I_View - try one of these links:

          http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474
          http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/download.html

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Clip List...
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        • Bruce Obermeyer
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 1999
            On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 15:08:56 +0000, rainmark@... wrote:

            >Hi Jody and Clippers,
            >Is there a way I can get it to use the same instance for
            >each new midi? Some kind of a "IfOpen UseSame" clause?
            >Thanks,
            >Mark

            Try this:
            From Windows Explorer go to View|File Types. Find type for your midi files. Click Edit. Click New and add this action: PlayClose.
            Fill in the appropriate fields as indicated. The Action field is &Play&Close. Click OK all the way out.

            If that doesn't work, you can associate midi files to IrfanView if you have it; otherwise, edit your win.ini field similarly.

            P.S. In response to Jody's earlier update, I now have a simple clip at my web page to run 800What.exe for those who may have
            already downloaded a copy, and the clip is also in the zip file for future downloads. I need to clean it up for path searching and so
            forth, but Charlie Raine has created another clip to do the whole thing without the .exe file. He should have it uploaded soon (last
            minute tweaks). Thanks to both of them.

            Bruce
            obie@...
            http://home1.gte.net/obie/Index.htm
          • rainmark@att.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 1999
              Hi Jody,
              I-View??? I have that but what does it have to do with
              Media Player? Did I miss a beat here? ;-)
              Mark

            • obie@gte.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 14, 1999
                > Hi Jody,
                > I-View??? I have that but what does it have to do with
                > Media Player? Did I miss a beat here? ;-)
                > Mark
                >
                > > Loop in the player under the "Player" tab and see if you
                > > have the first box checked to reuse the same window.
                >
                > > Another alternative is I_View - try one of these links:

                Mark,
                I believe, the original problem was having too many midi players open
                and having to close them all after you have finished listening Unless
                Note Tab causes the problem, Irfan View seems to do what you want. I
                just played several midi files through both Netscape and Opera browsers
                using IView as the midi player, and both browsers loaded only one copy
                of IView to play all the midis. Set IView as the helper for the file
                types first, and then try this site for several midis to play and see
                what happens:

                http://www.christiananswers.net/midimenu2.html

                Bruce
                obie@...