Re: [Clip] Javascript vs PHP OT

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      Ray Shapp wrote:
      > Why is PHP safer than Javascript?

      It is not for you and presumably your scripts would not do anyone any
      harm. But Javascript can be misused so you should not expect people to
      have it switched on (except of course if your site caters for the
      idiots. then you can rely on it).
      PHP on the other hand executes on the server and feeds pure HTML to the
      reader. So you can rely on it always working regardless of what the
      reader uses or does for him it's perfectly safe.
      For an extremly simplistic example look at the first few lines on

      http://berger-odenthal.de

      > If there is less chance that any of our users will block it.

      It can't be blocked. The user does not get to see any of it.

      Axel

      P.S: Will change my subscription. Bad choice of email address.