Using an entry twice

  • Absalom Nemini Filius
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
      A pictue inside a text should always have a caption. As HTML doesn't
      natively support this I wrap the image into a small table with two
      cells, the image above and the caption underneath. Now this caption
      should be identical to the ALT text. Is there a way to write a clip
      where you enter the text once and have it used in two places?

      Even better, can I write the table in a way that later edits will
      automatically apply to both?

      Danke
      Axel
    • Lee Underwood
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
        Axel,

        You can use the following to create the text you want inserted (place
        it in a template or a clip):

        ^!Set %varName%=^?{Enter Description=}

        That will prompt you for the text and then assign it to the variable
        "varName". Then you can call that variable (and its related text) by
        using the following anywhere you want it (as many times as you want it):

        ^%varName%

        If you have the code for the table, I could make a small clip to
        automate the whole process. (I do something just like it for
        formatting purposes.)

        Lee