[Clip] Menu and Clip Interaction Question

  • Donovan Foster
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hi Group,

      I'm fairly new to the NoteTab Pro clip building feature (actually,
      we got 4.95 some time ago and put it on the "later to-do" list, but
      never got to it).

      Can I fill an html form with variable data and when I submit it a
      Clip is invoked that does some editing?

      Regards,

      Don
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Donovan Foster" <dj4ster1@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Group,
        >
        > I'm fairly new to the NoteTab Pro clip building feature (actually,
        > we got 4.95 some time ago and put it on the "later to-do" list, but
        > never got to it).
        >
        > Can I fill an html form with variable data and when I submit it a
        > Clip is invoked that does some editing?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Don

        A clip can send keystrokes to your browser window, is that what you're
        asking? You can also copy information to the clipboard (e.g., from the
        browser) and have NoteTab automatically edit it in a certain way and
        replace the clipboard info with the edited version (e.g., for pasting
        back to the browser).

      • Absalom Nemini Filius
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
          Donovan Foster wrote:
          > Can I fill an html form with variable data and when I submit it a
          > Clip is invoked that does some editing?

          If I understand you correctly the answer is no. Clips only work while
          editing source code inside Notetab. Once the code is uploaded to the
          server there are no more clips.
          What you need is either Javascript - bad because most sensible users
          disable uncontrollable code running let loose on their machines - or
          better PHP.

          Absalom
        • Donovan Foster
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
            Hi Absalom,

            Thanks. That answers my question.

            To all who helped (even those of you who just read it), thank
            you.

            Now I have to read the help files and create a (or modify an
            existing) clip. Should be fun (hope the learning curve is short).

            Don
            Hassle-Free ARP Solutions
            http://www.arpros.com