Re: Is GetParagraph misbehaving?

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mark B." <breaumark@...> wrote:
      > Hi, Sheri.
      > As far as I know, GetLine is always correct. So, I guess, whenever it
      > is acceptable to turn off word wrap, GetLine will serve.
      >
      > --Mark

      I don't think that's true for shared clips where clip compatibility
      with earlier versions, and between Pro, Standard and Light is wanted.
      I know that ^$GetLine$ gave a different result between Pro and Light
      in earlier versions and that there was a change in ^$GetLine$ in 5.1
      Standard (which I haven't looked into yet).

    • Mark B.
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006

        I don't think that's true for shared clips where clip compatibility
        > with earlier versions, and between Pro, Standard and Light is wanted.
        > I know that ^$GetLine$ gave a different result between Pro and Light
        > in earlier versions and that there was a change in ^$GetLine$ in 5.1
        > Standard (which I haven't looked into yet).
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sheri

        Ok (but sheesh). Thanks. On the topic of compatibility and shared
        clips, I notice that ^$GetLibraryPath$ points to Libraries in the
        install folder even when the libraries are in Application Data.
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mark B." <breaumark@...> wrote:

          > Ok (but sheesh). Thanks. On the topic of compatibility and shared
          > clips, I notice that ^$GetLibraryPath$ points to Libraries in the
          > install folder even when the libraries are in Application Data.

          In the new 5+ multiuser setup, libraries exist in both locations.
          ^$GetLibraryPath$ returns the one under the AppPath and
          ^$GetLibraryUserPath$ returns the one under the DataPath. If you use
          clipedit to edit one from the AppPath area, it gets saved in the
          DataPath and is subsequently read from there. ^$GetLibraryPath
          ("SampleCode")$ would tell you where the "live" version is (under
          AppPath if unedited. under DataPath if user-edited and saved).

          PS, ^!SelectLine also used to and (may still) work differently
          between Std/Light and Pro.