Re: [Clip] Re: Is GetParagraph misbehaving?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
      > Hi, Sheri.
      > As far as I know, GetLine is always correct. So, I guess, whenever it
      > is acceptable to turn off word wrap, GetLine will serve.
      >
      > --Mark

      Hi Mark,

      It is almost always acceptable to turn off word wrap. Turn it off, run
      the clip, turn it back on. You simply record the state at the beginning
      and return it to the pre-clip state when you are done.

      You can use this:
      ;use at top of clip
      ^!Set %word_wrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
      ^!SetWordWrap off

      ;use this at end of clip
      ^!SetWordWrap ^%word_wrap%

      Hope that is helpful,

      Don
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mark B." <breaumark@...> wrote:
        > Hi, Sheri.
        > As far as I know, GetLine is always correct. So, I guess, whenever it
        > is acceptable to turn off word wrap, GetLine will serve.
        >
        > --Mark

        I don't think that's true for shared clips where clip compatibility
        with earlier versions, and between Pro, Standard and Light is wanted.
        I know that ^$GetLine$ gave a different result between Pro and Light
        in earlier versions and that there was a change in ^$GetLine$ in 5.1
        Standard (which I haven't looked into yet).

      • Mark B.
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006

          I don't think that's true for shared clips where clip compatibility
          > with earlier versions, and between Pro, Standard and Light is wanted.
          > I know that ^$GetLine$ gave a different result between Pro and Light
          > in earlier versions and that there was a change in ^$GetLine$ in 5.1
          > Standard (which I haven't looked into yet).
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sheri

          Ok (but sheesh). Thanks. On the topic of compatibility and shared
          clips, I notice that ^$GetLibraryPath$ points to Libraries in the
          install folder even when the libraries are in Application Data.
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mark B." <breaumark@...> wrote:

            > Ok (but sheesh). Thanks. On the topic of compatibility and shared
            > clips, I notice that ^$GetLibraryPath$ points to Libraries in the
            > install folder even when the libraries are in Application Data.

            In the new 5+ multiuser setup, libraries exist in both locations.
            ^$GetLibraryPath$ returns the one under the AppPath and
            ^$GetLibraryUserPath$ returns the one under the DataPath. If you use
            clipedit to edit one from the AppPath area, it gets saved in the
            DataPath and is subsequently read from there. ^$GetLibraryPath
            ("SampleCode")$ would tell you where the "live" version is (under
            AppPath if unedited. under DataPath if user-edited and saved).

            PS, ^!SelectLine also used to and (may still) work differently
            between Std/Light and Pro.